Skip to content

Evil playthrough and pc

So just finished bg2ee and tob with yet another good aligned party (fighter/thief) yet to finish with an evil party which is my goal this time around.

Charmane
Dorn tank
Korgan tank
Viconia tank/divine romance
Edwin primary caster
Hexxat thief

My main question is what to do with my pc for class.
I will be ee keepering hexxat to a mage/thief because I do not want a pure thief in my party. And possibly changing viconia to a fighter/cleric multi.

I really have all my bases covered with this team my pc could really be anything which is where I'm struggling. Was considering dropping dorn and making a blackgaurd myself which leaves a opening for me tob. But I don't like point and click pc's would rather have some fun skills then wielding a 2 handed sword or halbred and smacking everything around.

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2017
    You're right that your party is already going to have the bases covered. If you want to do something a little bit different, you could try rolling a Druid. Yes, as a Druid, you're technically limited to "True Neutral", but... the game offers a lot of variation within True Neutral.

Jahiera is supposedly True Neutral, but her actions are as Neutral Good as they come. Faldorn is supposedly True Neutral, but she and the Shadow Druids tend to skew more "evil". Plus, if having a non-evil alignment on your character screen bothers you, you can take the evil path during the Hell Trials and wind up with a Neutral Evil druid with no consequences.

Avengers are really fun, IMO, and offer a pretty varied playstyle. Or a Fighter/Druid is very powerful, though it'll take forever to reach druid level 15 for that huge spell spike.

Otherwise, if you haven't run a Sorcerer or a Wild Mage yet those can be fun and are definitely not point and click. They're the only characters that can give Edwin a run for his money in terms of raw arcane power, IMO.
  • jtdroleplayerjtdroleplayer Member Posts: 55
    Wild surges are a pain does make it interesting tho and avoiding druids therr just not my thing plus all my good playthroughs have jaheria it'll be nice not having one this go around. Was considering a sorcerer but I'm not a pro when it comes to spells I could totally screw my play through up if I'm not carefull lol. Was considering a f/m/t and leaving hexxat out since she really isn't all that great. I'm not aposed to using ee keeper tho I think as a fighter/assasin multi hexxat could really shine lol. I've played numerous fighter/thief and fighter/mage dueled and multi kind of bored off setting traps and back stabbing and self buffing and hacking.

Also I know mazzy has some great banter with some of the evil npcs would love to squeeze her in there some how but maybe not this play through.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited May 2017
    Mazzy can't stand Hexxat.
    I made the same group with an ugly slinging half-orc fighter/necromancer (control, fingers, debuff) as their bhaalspawn leader.
    Viconia fighter 7-> nightcloak of shar
    hexxat fighter/thief multi

Just on my way to Abazigal now. Carrying on from SoA.
    I'm yet to start playing lol haven't decided on pc yet. I just finished tob with my good party this morning so no huge rush to get started but would like to role up my charmane
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    As you say yourself, you got it all covered so maybe something that is not crucial but is "fun" or "not standard" ?

Bard/Blade is an option, not much overlap on items with your other chars either. Or go skald to make your team better and work as a backup arcane caster. You could maybe make Hexxat F/T instead then if you don't want/need to many arcane casters.

Cleric of Talos just because it fit thematically. Maybe go F-> Cleric dual if you don't like pure class clerics.

Assassin would be a good fit as well, or shadowdancer. If you play your charname as pure stealth and not utility thief (no find/disarm trap, locks etc) it could fit the team and add a twist when both charname and hexxat pops up behind enemy lines after Korgan and Dorn have taken the brunt of the attacks. But since you just finished a run with a fighter/thief this might not be so interesting for you?

RP a Shadowdruid is a good idea as well, as @SomeSort says.

My last suggestion is to go pure ranged since noone else in your team is a good ranged character, so you could play a kensai dagger grandmaster moving for ranged daggers ASAP (boomerang). Daggers now give +APR both ranged and melee you could have the boomerang in your attack hand and something else, like a pixie prick, in your off-hand for an easy +APR build. You will do a shit-ton of damage as well.
    jtdroleplayerCvijetalolien
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    edited May 2017
    Shapeshifter, serve Malar the God of evil lycanthropes is nice rp class as a leader of an evil group. As a druid you can be cynical, there is no value of life for you. You have twisted morality. You can use your npc-s as only tools, if die, they just do their job for you. After all, the new god of murder will be a slaughtering werewolf.

If you dont like the vanilla shapeshifter, try a mod to be stronger, and download iwd divine spells mod for bgee and or spell revisions.

jtdroleplayerSkatan
    Interesting ideas. Never thought about a dagger throwing pure ranged kensai could be fun. I've never played a bard and have never use herdelais (spelling?) So not sure how it would fit in
    Skatan
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Just for something completely different, you might consider a good character(whatever class you like) o:) that purposely takes an evil option in the trials to join the evil >:) influence all the rest of the party eventually have had on him. Let old Viccy turn YOU to the evil side, instead of that option to change her alignment. Then you have your all evil group with a nice twist. B)
    jtdroleplayerSkatan
    @Zaghoul Not a bad idea lol I like that concept but my main problem here is the class itself lol I have no idea what to role up in leaning towards f/m/t bit if I do this I may aswell solo thendamn game lol
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268

So just finished bg2ee and tob with yet another good aligned party (fighter/thief) yet to finish with an evil party which is my goal this time around.

Charmane
    Dorn tank
    Korgan tank
    Viconia tank/divine romance
    Edwin primary caster
    Hexxat thief

My main question is what to do with my pc for class.
    I will be ee keepering hexxat to a mage/thief because I do not want a pure thief in my party. And possibly changing viconia to a fighter/cleric multi.

I really have all my bases covered with this team my pc could really be anything which is where I'm struggling. Was considering dropping dorn and making a blackgaurd myself which leaves a opening for me tob. But I don't like point and click pc's would rather have some fun skills then wielding a 2 handed sword or halbred and smacking everything around.

Cleric is more viable for multi than mage because cleric just kind of stops getting better around level 13 or so unlike mages who have great spells on every level all the way to the low 20s.

That said, multi hexxat into a cleric/thief instead. This will allow you to roll a sorcerer since you seem to want something like that.
    jtdroleplayer
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Maybe CE, "why-so-serious" Jester? Or LE Monk.
    Or fallen paladin/ranger. Unless you change your alignment in Keeper you'd be good *technically*, but still - fallen. Never tried fallen characters and I'm not sure how severe penalties for fall are, but there are nice roleplay possibilities. Maybe fallen Archer?
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268

Interesting ideas. Never thought about a dagger throwing pure ranged kensai could be fun. I've never played a bard and have never use herdelais (spelling?) So not sure how it would fit in

Haer comes with one of the best swords in the game. It will take 2 dexterity off of whoever it hits. Every single hit. I brought him with me to the underdark at around 1.5 million xp one time and his sword was amazing. His chances of hitting were only a little less than the ranger/cleric multi I made for myself and he was having lots of problems hitting the drow warriors in the arena. So then I sent haer in my place with that brilliant sword of his and he made it look easy.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Fallen classes are boringly bad. Not hard, just boring. Loose all class relared abilities, passives immunities and be a fighter with only specialization and slow xp progression. But doable if you like it, but better to be vanilla fighter instead.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @jtdroleplayer If your thinking bard you might take a peak at Rogue-Re-balancing. It adds all kinds of changes to bards to make them more interesting. I couldn't run one without it now. Thieves n bards three pips in TWS, blades start out with three automatically and get whirlwind for HLA. Ya got sound bubble, sound burst, resonating weapon, up to 8th lvl spells, etc. all abilities bypass MR as well. Worth a look.
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Cleric of Talos could be strong with what you got going.

A monk could be a possibility as well but it might be a bit like a fighter thief. But it gives you more to do with it's stuns and stealth than just to beat on things.

Turning it into a darkmoon monk would lose you the stun and lay on hands but would get you a few combat spells but at the loss of the lay on hands and the stun. But you still keep the quivering palm. though Quivering Palm loses it's potency in later levels. Frozen Fists is also a bit lack luster honestly even though less is protected from cold than fire.

Bard could be interesting if you haven't done it before. I'd suggest blade or skald as others have before. Little bit of rogue, little bit of mage, little bit of fighter all in one package. Not excelled at any of them however. Blade leans a bit more to the fighting side. Skald leans a little bit more towards the buffing/magic side in it's own way.

Sorcerer's are also nice in their own way they just aren't really my flavor. But if they work for you they are certainly a good way to round out Parties while being a little bit different.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

Was considering a sorcerer but I'm not a pro when it comes to spells I could totally screw my play through up if I'm not carefull lol.

Zero risk of this if you also have Edwin. If you take a bad spell on level up, just cast your other spells more. If you miss a crucial spell on level up, have Edwin learn it and cast it with his million spell slots.

Even if you basically took nothing but damage spells he'd be fun to play and Edwin would be more than capable of handling all utility magery.

Ranged Kensai and Skald are both powerful, but if you want to avoid point-and-click PCs, they're probably not the best bet. Kensai are very point-and-click. Skalds are even worse, you just activate their song and then don't point and don't click. (You can have fun with their spells, too, but most of the time during combat you'll be best off just singing.)

A Blade is very not-point-and-click. Lots of micromanagement to get the best out of it. Jester is a bit point and click, (spend most of your time singing), but the playstyle is very different still.
    ArtonaSkatan