Skip to content

Games missing

alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
edited May 2017 in Beamdog Client
After updating the Client to Beamdog Client Setup 2.1.2-ia32 all of my 5 games have gone missing, all i have is the settings button at the bottom.
Post edited by alboy on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2017
    You should email support@beamdog.com regarding this
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited May 2017
    @alboy

Sorry for your negative experience. Could you please follow this instruction to help us detect the issue:

a) The next time you see this error, right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder.
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    All is well now. Sorry , It took a computer restart for the games to appear.
    l made a mistake it is still not working. l reinstalled the client yesterday and it came up with all 5 games i bought from Beamdog, i installed all 5 games yesterday. When i opened up the client today all 5 games were missing again. l experimented later by reinstalling the Client again which showed all 5 games again, i then closed the client and reopened it again and all 5 games were missing again.
    Can anyone help please as this is getting very annoying.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Can you attach the files from the Log folder as I asked?
    edited May 2017
    JuliusBorisov do you mean with the games showing or when i close it down and reopen it and they have gone?
    Yes, any files from the Log folder will help us
    edited May 2017
    JuliusBorisov What do you wamt done when they are zipped?
    Post edited by alboy on
    Attach to the forum post here.

JuliusBorisov l seem to have all icons except the Attach a file one, any idea how i get to it?
    edited May 2017
    Try now (you didn't confirm your email address, I made so that the site now thinks you did).
    edited May 2017
    JuliusBorisov Thanks, files attached using winzip, i have tried to confirm my email address a few times but had no reply.
    edited May 2017
    JuliusBorisov l have discovered that when using the remember me button when signing in, the games disappear, but when i take it off and sign in just by typing my username and password the games are there.

Also tried logging on by clicking the button remember me only without clicking log me in automatically and that works also.

Have you any idea what could be happening?
    Post edited by alboy on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm just going to tag @JuliusBorisov so he sees your message
    I saw the message, thank you. When the office opens on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Canada), the programmers involved into the Beamdog Client will look into it.
    JuliusBorisov Just wondered if anything has been found yet as to what is causing this.
    @alboy The programmers are still looking into it, it will take some time. In the meantime we're relieved you have found a way to consistently access your games.
    JuliusBorisov i was wondering if when i first used and entered the top line of the first Client i used my username instead of my email address but then again all Clients before the current version worked ok.
    If you didn't log in then it wouldn't go into the games screen at all. It would say the login was invalid.
    JuliusBorisov Just wondered if the problem has been identified yet?
    Thank you for your concern. I'll share when I have information about it.
    JuliusBorisov I noticed there is a new client today so as not to confuse anything i uninstalled the old client and my games then installed the new client with my 5 games, i chose the remember me option together with log me in automatically and i wish i had not as no games appear when i load up the client. i have attached the latest logs, hope that helps.
    I was hoping the new client would fix things but it has made things worse as i can not get to any of my game now.
    @alboy I've passed it to the team. While they're looking into the files, I've wanted to say that as long as you have games downloaded, you can run them directly from their install directories (by running the .exe files).

We understand it's not ideal, but at least it will allow you play.
  • AlexeiPepersAlexeiPepers Member Posts: 23
    Hi @alboy, we've put together some steps that will hopefully let us figure out the cause of your issue. I've made a ticket for you in our Beamdog Client bug tracker, since that lets me attach the files I need to, and lets us keep track of the bug. You can find it here and if you scroll down, I've left a comment describing what we can try next to help with your issue: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31431

In the meantime, if I understand right, the update to the Client has made it so you can't access your games at all because you've checked the 'log me in automatically' option which makes it worse? If you launch the Beamdog Client and then click on the blue cog in the bottom right, there should be a 'Sign Out and forget me' option. Clicking that will close the Client and when it relaunches, the 'remember me' and 'log me in automatically' options will both have been reset.
    Thanks, that has put it back so i can choose just remember me so that the games appear and i can play them again, just will not work by choosing log me in automatically.
  • MaxAraderMaxArader Member Posts: 17
    Same problem here - the new client doesn't display games.
    @MaxArader Please, follow the directions by @AlexeiPepers above and use the file called support_settings.json from the support ticket. Tell me if it works for you after that.

edited November 2017
    Looked in the logs - the client can't receive a response from the Amazon server. And since this is a new installation, it does not see any local information about my games either.
    @MaxArader

Our programmers have looked at your logs. You seem to be having certificate issues, similar to the ones we've seen before though not exactly the same.

We'd appreciate if you could follow the same steps of putting the support_settings.json file in your AppData\Roaming\Beamdog Client folder as described in Redmine, but used this file I am attaching to this post instead (unzip it first). If it doesn't help you, please, provide further logs.