Skip to content

Multiplayer question and other questions

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Hi! Some friends and I are going to do a multiplayer run of BG:EE. Out of the 4 of us I'm the only one with extensive knowledge on the game so I'm going to take a back seat roll and let them discover the game for themselves. I'll only give guidance when it is necessary.

I'm thinking of either going with a Jester, Cleric/Ranger, or Shaman.

If I go Cleric/Ranger and enable both Druid and Cleric spells will that affect the multiplayer at all?

Also if I use a mod to remove race/class restrictions would that affect it at all? I won't be hosting the game.

Final question is which of those should I go?

The others are thinking of playing a Swashbuckler, Necromancer, and either Wild Mage or Sorcerer. I think Cleric/Ranger would be good to cover healing and be a front liner since we will have a thief and 2 arcanists.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Vallmyr said:

If I go Cleric/Ranger and enable both Druid and Cleric spells will that affect the multiplayer at all?

Also if I use a mod to remove race/class restrictions would that affect it at all? I won't be hosting the game.

You should be fine in both cases, but for more security I would suggest asking other participants of the MP run to install the same mod and to change the line in their baldur.lua file as well. The safer way would be to ask the host to tweak your character in the EE-Keeper to change her race.

A dwarf figher/cleric will be a better tank than a cleric/ranger, even with Ironskin. Your party of a Swashbuckler, Necromancer, and either Wild Mage or Sorcerer screams a tank.