2»

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    DrakeICN said:

No, wood elves are the hottest;

• DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

DrakeICN said:

Ok, you have got to take my word on this one, but uncle Hugo was good looking before he started to buy from that half-orc dealer. As I told Hugo, that guy aint right in the head. There is a reason his pixiedust is the cheapest, he dilutes it with myconid spores!
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

DrakeICN said:

Yeah.

If there WERE actual elves here in western NC and nearby Gatlinburg TN, I could almost guarantee they would be goin' buckwild on all the nasty little firebug humans we've had around here recently. Even though I do not care for elves in particular, even I woulda been joinin up with them, well, for a time, at least ;)B)

One firebug here actually did the famous,' I just wanted to see the world burn', line, after his 'ol lady' left him, he said.

It actually brings up an issue that I have thought about concerning BG and ALL the forested land in BG (towns to for that matter).

All these fireballs gettin thrown left and right, allover, but nothing burns except the people and creatures.
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if fireballs had consequences to the surrounding environment. Would be interesting for sure.

I mean tree life is fine until SOMEBODY with a grudge breaks out the Kingsford Briquettes and lighter fluid.
    So do the elves have magic protecting the forest, just the archers, or both? Guessing it's both.

Cloakwood mine? Burn it. Mulahey? Smoke him out. .Competitors temple, light it up. Lawd, Doom Crows of Talos would have a veritable field day.

And an elf sells a fake elvish cloak to the wrong alchemist and well, ya know how it could go, we're potentially talkin magically assisted napalm or something :*

Just sayin.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I was going to say Sun Elf until I saw that last option!

Dead winged elf, specifically. With potatoes. And leave the skin on the chicken.

I hear their livers are great with a glass of Chianti and fava beans too!
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2017
    I'm not sure I like the forest fire solution. By the end of that you have miles and miles of nothing but charred forest landscape? That's a bit too desolate and hollow.

I mean fresh air? Nice scenery? Herbs and stuff I might need? I have no complaints about the forest itself.

I would rather set motion some sort of plan that forced the elves to flee from their home. Essentially turning the cheery high forest into a haunted forest, while they became a race in exile. Maybe have a green dragon set up lair close to that treetop city or something. And with the immense satisfaction of having been the mastermind behind it all^^
    Zaghoul said:

DrakeICN said:

Yeah.

If there WERE actual elves here in western NC and nearby Gatlinburg TN, I could almost guarantee they would be goin' buckwild on all the nasty little firebug humans we've had around here recently. Even though I do not care for elves in particular, even I woulda been joinin up with them, well, for a time, at least ;)B)

One firebug here actually did the famous,' I just wanted to see the world burn', line, after his 'ol lady' left him, he said.

It actually brings up an issue that I have thought about concerning BG and ALL the forested land in BG (towns to for that matter).

All these fireballs gettin thrown left and right, allover, but nothing burns except the people and creatures.
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if fireballs had consequences to the surrounding environment. Would be interesting for sure.

I mean tree life is fine until SOMEBODY with a grudge breaks out the Kingsford Briquettes and lighter fluid.
    So do the elves have magic protecting the forest, just the archers, or both? Guessing it's both.

Cloakwood mine? Burn it. Mulahey? Smoke him out. .Competitors temple, light it up. Lawd, Doom Crows of Talos would have a veritable field day.

And an elf sells a fake elvish cloak to the wrong alchemist and well, ya know how it could go, we're potentially talkin magically assisted napalm or something :*

Just sayin.
    I love the smell of magically assisted napalm in the morning. Smells like...victory!
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Balrog99 Like to have that movie on DVD, hehheh. B) Duvall was perfect for that part.

@batoor Yeah, haunted forest fits with my UNdead elf option. And yep, them thar elf herb gardens BOUND to lots of goodies to use for the aspiring herbalist or alchemist. ;)
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I hate that 90% of wild elf art has them pale as other elves when they're the darkest skin toned elves in Abeir-Toril aside from drow, but I love them and wish more people made dark skinned art of wild elves. I sometimes see them drawn as wood elves with copper skin but WOOD ELVES AND WILD ELVES ARE DIFFERENT KINDS OF ELVES!!!
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Sildëyuir is kool.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    JoenSo said:

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

i get my stomping Boots...

only reason i as much as touch a Half-Elf is because BG don't offer FMT multi for Humans :I and even then i mod a human Thief Sprite on it.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited October 2017
    I am personally slightly partial towards sun elves, because I find them the most fun to draw, thanks to the warm colour palettes I get to use :heart: I also really like the sun folk from ElfQuest, so that's a thing.

Other than that, back when I was around ten years old, my friends and I had this homebrew roleplaying setting where everyone was elves and all elves where based on a certain climatic/geographical area. I still love my tribe of ice elves.

PS: Here's a song for all of you who chose dark elves.