8. Star Elf
        5.26%
    9. Sun Elf
        5.26%
    10. dead Elf
      35.09%

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    If I HAD to pick a pure elf I'd probably pick Valley Elf from Greyhawk if I could, like, totally dude B) . They threw in with a human, Mr. Big ( kinda paranoid but knows what he wants) in the very secluded Valley of the Mage, where he also got some gnome and barbarian backwoods buddies, and NO other elf , not even the drow,likes the VE's around that world.

2nd UNdead elves as 'helpers' >:)

3rd Half-valley or half-drow elf (cause I like the derision from both sides and a touch of humanity still) ;)

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Knowing nothing about my choice, I pick aquatic simply because the ocean is awesome.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2017
    Well jump to sec 22, I couldn't paste it at the exact moment. That ruined it^^

Yeah I would probably go with Aquatic Elf this time as well. Drow lose their racial bonuses outside the underdark.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Dead winged elf, specifically. With potatoes. And leave the skin on the chicken.
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    Where are the jungle, desert and half options?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Because moon elves are the hottest.
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    I thought this was going to be a character poll and rushed in here to support Aerie but if we're talking elf types, I pick Star Elves. I've read a few of the novels that centered around them and I really felt sad for their little pocket plane of Sildeyuir getting eaten up by shadow monsters. The description of the place sounded beautiful and really my kind of environment.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    No better elf than a dead elf...

Put one on your compost and watch the 'shrooms grow.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Which one of these help Santa in his workshop?

That's my pick.
    Anduin said:

No better elf than a dead elf...

Put one on your compost and watch the 'shrooms grow.

I wonder what kinda mushroom THAT would grow o:) . GOT a brother and cousin crazy bout finding and collecting expensive mushrooms in the wild and makin BIG profit with local buyers.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Any one, so long as it isn't an Elf and Safety Inspector
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    I'm still a little upset about Labelas kicking Clangeddin on Rhuatym during the ToT.
    #dwarveslivesmatter
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Edgy
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    I have no idea what a poscadar is, but it has a certain ring to it, so I just assume it is the awesomest kind of elf.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Poscadar elves are the indigenous elves of Maztica and Anchorome. Located at the other side of the Toril globe. Taller than humans, xenophobic, more spiritual than magical, and mostly bison-hunting nomads by trade. If memory serves right they *really* don't like the Amnish as well. But then again, no one does. :p
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Because they don't last as long as their cousins.
    Well, well, @Kamigoroshi . Drizzt JUST now did not seem to agree with the 'dead elf' choice here on the poll. I have to admit though, he did seem much more agreeable to the UNdead option I suggested above, after we raised him as a skeletal warrior after our quite polite discussions. >:)
    Not all playthoughs of course but this was the perfect match.

I mean this dude will attack you just for not helping with lowly gnolls (like that's a prob for him), and THEN has the unmitigated gall to insult you. :*
    I must say, manners went right out the window after THAT. B)
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Without the Dark Side (of anything) the games would be empty. Good people telling each other how good they are.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited May 2017
    Some specific individuals should be left out of consideration when they are not representing their race for whatever reason anymore, e.g.
    Drizzt as a dark elf
    Aerie as a winged elf
    Irenicus and Bodhi as wood elves
    (Viconia? She left the Underdark but she still carries it with her inside, I argue she is still drow - just a drow without a house)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I immediately thought to myself "dead", when I read the topic of the post and then scrolled down frantically to see if you had that as an option, hehe..

I don't think I have RP'ed an elf in any RPG ever. I've played them of course, but have only ever RP'd a halfelf back in my earlier days of RPGs.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Humans or shortys. Everything else is an abomination what deserves to be destroyed!
    All this talk of liking or not liking elves has me reminded of a table in 1st ed AD&D, a racial preferences chart. It just gave generalized feelings every PC race had to another (one for humanoids as well). What I liked about it was that it helped to develop a general character background, either going with it, or developing a character that was not afraid to go against the grain.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183

Because moon elves are the hottest.

Do Moon Elves even look like anything? Aren't they just wood elves in fancy clothes?

Dark Elves are the hottest yo.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    There really are far too many elf variants in the Realms...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

There really are far too many elf variants in the Realms...

I think the drow agree with you ... and apparently intend to do something about it!