Skip to content

[v2.21] Shadow Magic

Comments

• UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    edited July 2018
    Does anyone know why the shadow familiar changes his name? His name was changed to "Vestments + 5"?

[EDIT] Never mind. This is some sort of confliction with another module and text conflict within the chitin.key file.
    Wraiths are weaker than Shadow Fiends because they do non-lethal damage and do not paralyze, yet are cast at higher levels instead of my very missed fiends. What else are they capable of besides everything that fiends can do as well such as negative energy rays, etc...
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Fantastic mod! I was looking for some fcuking bunny when I met the first shadow magic apprentice. Party lvl 2 - Barbarian protagonist, Gavin, Ajantis, Tiax - decimated. I love it!! Great spells, good scripts, nice casting, spell effects - amazing. Reloaded just to die again. What a pleasure just to watch this shadow dude do his shadow stuff. One of the best BG1 mods ever imo.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @InKal

Thank you!

@UOLegacy

Ahh. The wraiths use the WRAITH1.itm weapon which is in BG1 and BG2. It is not in IWD however, are you playing that game?
    edited August 2018

@InKal

Thank you!

@UOLegacy

Ahh. The wraiths use the WRAITH1.itm weapon which is in BG1 and BG2. It is not in IWD however, are you playing that game?

Yes, I'm currently with IWD. That's it. It's fine however, I make use of many other spells that can call forth other shadows. It's still great.

[EDIT] I decided to extract the WRAITH1.itm file you mentioned from BG2 and place it into the IWD override. I'll get around to trying it out tonight.

It now works quite effectively with a very negligible nuance.
    Post edited by UOLegacy on
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    And here I need "LOVE IT" button.
    Any plans to include the mode into BWS install? I never sure when to manually install such complicate mods.
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    That looks amazin Artemius_I. Can't wait to try it out!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @Artemius_I, the Thief/Shadow Adept NPC doe not have the stats to be a dual class. Just wanted to point it out.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659

@Artemius_I, the Thief/Shadow Adept NPC doe not have the stats to be a dual class. Just wanted to point it out.

Do we know if it's BG 1 or BG 2 content? If it's 1, I'd assume he has that as a multi-class rather than dual class (despite him being human). If it's BG 2, it's hard to say which it is.

Also - Just the other day, I finally got to Mak'Kai. Holy crap. That encounter is insanely challenging, given that you cannot save against the "Night Terrors" secondary ability, and no one has 8 hit dice by that point.

I didnt have death ward readied, either. I had to cheese it by giving Viconia a ton of potions to immunize her from a majority of his abilities and tank his magic. Phew. Glad that's overwith.
    v1.9.2
    • Added chapter-based dialogue to familiars in BG1 (and fixed for EET)
    • Cleaned up several scripts
    • Improved a few spell icons
    • Wrote a new biography for the Shadow Disciple
    NEW SHADOW DISCIPLE BIO: Born during a moonless, starless night, you were bestowed with the power of the Shadow Weave, a dark imitation of Mystra's Art created by Shar, the Nightsinger. Though you know not why you were granted it, your power has earned you the scrutiny of Candlekeep's scholars and mages–and the discomfort of many others–for as long as you can remember. At an early age, your guardians attempted to instigate the teaching of the Weave into you, hoping to divert you from using magic you were born with. Despite this, however, you have continued to nurture the spark of darkness within you, taking advantage of your natural talent and the tutelage of Gorion and your other tutors to become a capable practitioner of the Shadow Art.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    if i were to judge them just by their portraits not even knowing their alignments. i'd think they were evil.
    @megamike15

They’re... pleasant enough, but not exactly altruistic either. Mostly they join because the PC’s helping them, and when they follow into the Prime they have self-serving but non-malicious interests. They also have rather different standards of what’s acceptable. For example, they don’t have an issue with slavery (though Ophelia is mildly appalled at just how badly slaves in Amn are treated). They also have no reputation breaking point.
    v1.9.21
    • Added Shadow Adept stat bonus details to stat descriptions in character creation
    • Intelligence bonus: 18-25 range for bonuses changed to 16-25
    • Charisma bonus: bonus damage replaced with elemental resistances
    • Added -2 penalty to casting speed and casting level in daylight
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    All nice changes, especially the penalties tapping into the SW in daylight. I like the resistances better this way myself, a sort of CHR based pleading "Mother (Shar), fold your dark arms about me and protect me with your black embrace" kinda thing. B)
    v1.9.22
    • Added a Spectacles encounter to SoD
    The encounter can be found in the cave with the blind wyrmlings.
    v1.9.23
    • Added unique portrait icons for a few spells and effects
    edited August 2018
    I'm really enjoying the new features; notably the penalties to bright, outdoor areas. It's realistic.
    edited August 2018
    The "City of Shades" is in the top 3 of my most anticipated mod arrivals.
    Alright - came across a bug with the spell "Blackfire Fury". When the caster chooses the spell and learns it, it keeps rewriting itself over (indefinitely) to the spell book.
    @UOLegacy

Fixed in 1.9.24
    I went to install it (on an unmodded, fresh install) and received a "Parsing Error" and the installation couldn't continue.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    I got a parsing error as well.
  • ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    Attempting to install version 1.9.24, WeiDu displays:

[F:\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\setup-shadowadept.exe] WeiDU version 24600
    {Setup-DeitiesOfFaerun.exe} Queried (pid = 224) version = 24600
    In state 1071, I expected one of these tokens:
    [0] EOF
    [48] BEGIN
    [227] LANGUAGE
    Parse error (state 1071) at VERSION

[SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 23 column 1-7
    Near Text: VERSION
    GLR parse error

[SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2] ERROR at line 23 column 1-7
    Near Text: VERSION
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SHADOWADEPT/SETUP-SHADOWADEPT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.
    edited August 2018
    I'm sure it's easily fixable and it's simply a small oversight.
  • SteelReserveSteelReserve Member Posts: 10
    Is there anyway to make this work with NPC_EE?

Is there anyway to make this work with NPC_EE?

If you install NPC_EE v3.4 "after" this mod, it will pick up the new kits. In fact, you should install NPC_EE v3.4 dead last.
    I was using this avatar for my warrior/shadow disciple: