Skip to content

How to use Flind Model?

There doesnt seem to be a Flind model in EE? But I know Flind's use greatswords and thus actually have a animation for them?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    There's obviously a sprite for them, but possibly there isn't a paperdoll model.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Okay, I went to check in the game files. It seems that flinds are set up as a sub-variety of gnolls (perhaps not surprisingly) - so a flind has race=gnoll, class=gnoll, etc.

Flinds do have a special item (FLIND1.ITM, which is actually of type Bastard Sword, not Greatsword) in their first weapon slot, but otherwise seem to be set up just like an ordinary gnoll ... so that special item is perhaps something to do with how the game knows to switch to the flind animation (greatsword) instead of the normal gnoll animation (halberd). However, merely equipping a gnoll with FLIND1.ITM doesn't turn its sprite into a greatsword-wielding flind. I don't know how to trigger this change.

Incidentally, in the course of checking this, I noticed that gnolls can visibly equip both Longswords and Ninjatos (but no other melee weapons) instead of their usual Halberds. I don't know why.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2017
    There is no flind animation. The gnoll animation is colorable (like human, elf, dwarf, or halfling animations). Flinds just use the gnoll animation with different colors specified in the CRE. For example, a gnoll's skin color is set to 10 (tan) while a flind's is 83 (grey).

The flind's weapon (flind1.itm) is called a bastard sword, but the appearance is set to "S1 - Long sword".

The gnoll animation set has two weapon animations that can be overlaid on the main gnoll animation: long sword and halberd. So, any weapon with an appearance of "S1 - Long sword" or "HB - Halberd" will work.

Here is a screenshot of a gnoll and flind with swapped weapons: