Skip to content

Im A Newb To Modding!!! HELP

thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
As the title says Never installed a MOD in my life don't even know where to begin..... I am currently going through IWDEE again and "The Frosty Journey " MOD sounds awesome. Can someone help me on how to install this mod or where I can go to learn how????

thx

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @thrudd, not sure what your level of computer knowledge is so if I overstate some things then... I am also assuming that you are running Windows 7, 8.x or 10, and your version of IWD is the Enhanced version at 1.4. Installing the mod is similar with the original version but locations may be different.

1. download the mod (zip format)
    2. Unzip the file into the root of IWDEE. This can be done using Windows Explorer or a third party program like WinZip or WinRAR. Depending on where you installed this, it may look something like D:\Games\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition or located in your Program Files folder (not recommended due to permissions on the folder).
    4. Open the IWD folder and you should see a folder called 'k9IWDEEKit' and a file called 'Setup-k9IWDEEKit.exe'. Run 'Setup-k9IWDEEKit.exe' and it will install the components of the mod. You will see a DOS Window and a series of questions.

All going well, the mod is now installed. If you have any difficulties, just provide feedback which should include version of windows and IWD.

Happy Gaming
    Gus