Skip to content

Question about the Beamdog Client.

KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
So I've read that the physical copies have support now, so will my 1st run physical copies before the support will be detected?

(The ones from DeepSilver & Raven's Court)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes!

To do so, log onto the Beamdog Client and use the new “Redeem Physical Copy” button on the game page to get started. Once done, games added to your Beamdog account in this way can be downloaded and updated through the Beamdog Client on any supported platform.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/05/beamdog-client-update-physical-enhanced.html
  • jfrodriguejfrodrigue Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I also have a question regarding the Beamdog client.

I notice a long time ago that the integrity of the game files (BGEE, BG2EE, BG SoD, PST etc.) that are accessed through the client are constantly being compromised.

Every time I open the client, the games on the client show a repair icon ("A change to your game files has been detected.").

I hit the repair icon and it will "repair" the files. However, the repair icon will come back every time I reopen the client. And that, regardless of what I do. Even if I close the client immeditely after the repair and immeditely reopen it it will say the files have changed.

If I ignore the repair and just play. it will eventually lead to an unstable game that will force me to reinstall completely.

It looks to me as if the client is responsible for the changes in the files. What can be done to solve this? Am I the only one with this problem?

Windows 10.
    32G mem
    1T SSD

Thank you!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @jfrodrigue Please check an Antivirus or UAC doesn't interfere.