Skip to content

BG:EE v2.3 and SCS (v30) with BigWorld Fixpack

Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
edited June 2017 in BG:EE Mods
Hi guys, I apologise if this has been asked and answered ad nauseam, but I'm struggling to get my SCS (v30) working on my BG:EE + SOD playthrough. I've been reading the comments in the BG:EE modding section and everyone says to use the BigWorld Fixpack by @agb1 , however I'm very noob at this and don't understand the readme instructions on how exactly this works. Do I run the BW Fixpack before I install any mods? Or do I do my usual install order (with SCS last) and then apply the BW Fixpack? Also, there are multiple folders/files that get extracted into my SOD folder when I unzip the BW Fixpack.. which is the right one?

I did try installing EET to get around doing the manual installation but that was a dismal failure and I had to re-install the base game from scratch so I've given up on that for now. I'm happy to settle for a BG:EE + SOD play through and then I'll port my guy over into a BG2EE modded game.

p.s. Any help much appreciated!
Post edited by Spaceman_Spiff on

Comments

• Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    You have to run the fixpack BEFORE installing mods (it modified the installation files of your mods). I am no expert but this is what I did and the game seems to be functioning as intended:
    1. unpack your mods
    2. unpack BWFixpack (I unpacked the whole content of the compressed folder - not sure if that's what I should've done but the game seems to be working fine)
    3. apply BWFixpack
    4. install mods as usual
    5. play the game
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Your point 2 is fine, you have stuff in your game folder you don't need but it is neither used by install nor game and thus does no harm. It would be far more cumbersome to unpack only the things you need. It's not even eating excessive disk space, so no need to worry. It is just cosmetic as you may see mod folders in your game directory of mods you never installed and these folders just contain the few files fixpack added.
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    thanks for the info guys! will attempt later tonight.