Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

When Jaheira is summoned away, can I recruit a stand-in?

I finished rescuing 'Montaron' from the Harper Hold and right after Xzar gets finished Meronia summons Jaheira and Jaheira leaves, making my 6-people party a 5-people party for now.

Now I was planning to do De'Arnises Hold and my question is, if I take Nalia (who is awaiting our party at her Keep) in the 6th slot, will it prevent Jaheira from reappearing or can I just continue with 6 slots filled: will I be offered the choice to reform my party when Jaheira returns?
typo_tilly

Comments

• madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 124
    Yea but when she comes back she will need a spot. And i think youd need to give it to her in order to continue her questline/romance.
    typo_tillySon_of_Imoen
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 2,900
    jaheira will come back immediately after your rest, so you might as well, just rest as soon as she leaves and then she will be back and then I would highly suggest going to where she wants you to go afterwards, because there is a very nice ring waiting for ya if you do
    ThacoBelltypo_tillySon_of_Imoen
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 319
    edited June 14
    All of the above is true, except the *resting right away*
    PartyRested()
    GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL")this is Seven Hours
    Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0)
    - you can replace her in between, just consider what happens when you next rest your party. Personally, I always use the interim to *try out* some seldom used NPC to see if maybe this is a candidate for the longer term.
    Son_of_Imoen
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,529

Yea but when she comes back she will need a spot. And i think youd need to give it to her in order to continue her questline/romance.

That's what I'm planning to do, but I've read she only appears after a rest outside, so if I pick up Nalia and only rest inside the Keep until I've cleared it, I can keep Nalia long enough to finish De'Arnises Keep before I take Jaheira back, can I?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 319
    edited June 14

That's what I'm planning to do, but I've read she only appears after a rest outside, so if I pick up Nalia and only rest inside the Keep until I've cleared it, I can keep Nalia long enough to finish De'Arnises Keep before I take Jaheira back, can I?
    This is the code that makes Jaheira return, all else is rumour and guesses - nothing about outside only:

IF
    PartyRested() // obvious
    GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL") // minimim seven in-game hours after she left
    Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0) // she has not returned yet
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",1) //prevents that the event loops a second time
    MoveGlobalObject("Jaheira",Player1) // Jaheira appears next to the protagonist
    END

For her only appearing only outside the IF block above would need an additional condition, i.e.

IF
    PartyRested()
    GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL")
    Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0)
    AreaType(OUTDOOR)
    THEN...
    Son_of_ImoenleeuxGrond0
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,529
    @PaulaMigrate , you were right, Jaheira returned at the first rest, even though it was inside in an inn. I thought not, as she didn't talk to me, but when I went back to an earlier save to check what happened, I found out she was standing beside the counter in the inn, but the dialogue only triggered by clicking her, so I hadn't noticed her standing there at first..