Undivided is a mod that changes Morte and Nordom to be followers rather than a party members. This allows players to have all seven companions present as they progress through the game. The newest version of this mod is available on GitHub.
This mod is being actively developed, and will be expanded as my free time permits. This mod currently allows players to change Morte and/or Nordom into followers. Followers will still interject and be identified as a member of the party for script/dialog purposes and will progress in levels along with The Nameless One.
To make Morte work as a follower, the following functionality changes have been made:
- Morte's teeth will automatically improve at 4th, 8th, and 12th level (d4+1, d6+2, d8+3).
- If Morte would be killed in combat, he instead "plays dead" for the remainder of combat, lying on the ground and not being controllable until combat has been concluded.
- Morte does not have access to an inventory and will not be able to open containers or pick items up from the ground.
To make Nordom work as a follower, the following functionality changes have been made:
- If Nordom would be killed in combat, he activates a "tactical retreat", teleporting him to the foyer of the Modron Maze. [this is will likely be changed in subsequent updates]
I am currently working on the following features:
- Allowing Morte/Nordom to banter with party members.
- Allowing Morte/Nordom to equip items (Teeth, Lens, Bolts) found throughout your travels.
- Compatibility with the Fortress of Regrets and Player Maze.
Features listed above will be pushed to the live version when I am satisfied with stability and behavior. If you have ideas for future updates to this mod, please let me know in the comments.
I am aware of the following issues and would welcome suggestions for how to handle them:
- Followers do not respond to the "run vs. walk" system, meaning that Morte/Nordom will always walk everywhere, making them significantly slower than any party members who are running.
- When selecting a weapon for Morte/Nordom, the image of their weapons does not show up in the weapon selection quickbar, but is visible if you right click the apparently empty slot.
- I can't seem to get Morte/Nordom to consistently take items from the party and equip them. Any suggestions on how to do this efficiently would be welcome.
If you encounter any bugs while using this mod, please let me know.
As with all of my mods, if you have any ideas, comments, or criticism, please do not hesitate to post in this thread.