Undivided is a mod that changes Vhailor and Ignus to be followers rather than party members. Thus, this mod allows players to have all seven companions present as they progress through the game. The newest version of this mod is available on GitHub.
This mod is being actively developed, and will be expanded as my free time permits. This mod currently allows Vhailor and Ignus to adventure with the party as followers without using party member slots. Followers will still interject and be identified as a member of the party for script/dialog purposes and will progress in levels along with The Nameless One.
To make Vhailor and Ignuus work as followers, the following functionality changes have been made:
- If Vhailor or Ignus would be killed in combat, they instead "plays dead" for the remainder of combat, lying on the ground and not being controllable until combat has been concluded.
- Followers cannot carry or use any equipment other than their default gear.
- Followers will not be available to fight by your side in the Fortress of Regrets.
As of this release, I am quite happy with the state of this mod, other than minor balance/AI tweaks. If you have ideas for things you would like to see in this mod, please let me know in the comments.
I am aware of the following issues and would welcome suggestions for how to handle them:
- Followers do not respond to the "run vs. walk" system, meaning that Vhailor will always walk everywhere, making him significantly slower than any party members who are running.
- Followers can interject, but will not banter or comment on party deaths.
- When selecting a weapon for followers, the image of their weapon does not show up in the weapon selection quickbar, but is visible if you right click the apparently empty slot.
If you encounter any bugs while using this mod, please let me know.
As with all of my mods, if you have any ideas, comments, or criticism, please do not hesitate to post in this thread.