Skip to content

[MOD] Undivided: Keeping NPCs Around

2»

Comments

• RexusbladeRexusblade Member Posts: 3
    So I was a fool and downloaded the new one, but still had the Nordom Morte version installed. I think I can fix my issue, but I'd need a copy of the older version. Any chance you could put up a link to that bad boy?
    Nevermind I figured it out, and also used both programs so I could turn both Vhalor and Nordom as my NPC's. I like controlling Morte for those sweet insults and Ignus' extra spell slots. I love this mod and can't thank you enough for making this dream mod.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Happy to help, but I must warn you that there might be game-crashing bugs related to the older version (specifically towards the end of the game). Caveat utilitor
    OOo thanks for the heads up! Nibbled fingers crossed.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Do you think this mod might work on original PS:T, too ? Looks like a great addition to the game.
    @Isewein , sorry for the delay. I thought I had responded to this.

Tbh I have no idea if it'd work on the original game. My initial assumption is that it wouldn't, because the implementation of the extra companions revolves around the Familiar system from the BG2 engine, but I could be mistaken. I make no promises of stability if you do run this with the original version of the game.
  • HowardzikHowardzik Member Posts: 1
    Hello.
    At first I wanted to thanks for this mod. Few weeks ago I started my first journey with PS:T EE and when I filled all slots for companions knowing that there are more I searched for something like this. Especially when I know that (considering my free time for playing) I won't be able to finish this game one more time. Due to that I wanted to experience this piece of art as more as it is possible.

Now, my expierience with mod:
    - I didn't know that mod is possible to use after meeting NPC intended to be followers. I tried install (I had no errors) before releasing Ignus and this caused craches during loading game attempts. Uninstalling removed this problem.
    After releasing Ignus I tried one more time and this time game loaded without problem and I had additionall companion.

- Second - when I try to go to other area it is impossible when follower is not with the rest of the party. Whole team dances next to the border of map and follower stands a little farer. It is necessary to select additional companion, order him to walk to the others and then it is possible to move to the other location. Connected with slow walking, mentioned in mod notes, is irritating.

However in general issues aren't so big. Great thanks for your work!
    @Howardzik, glad you're enjoying the mod! For your first point, yes mid-playthrough installations can sometimes result in issues, glad to see that the problem resolved itself without too much trouble. For the second point, yeah this is something due to the way the game engine handles party moving between zones; I tried few possible solutions but unfortunately none of them really worked. I'm not really sure how to fix the awkward zone transitions, unfortunately.
  • yghernyghern Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2021
    hi @Aquadrizzt great mod; however, I have trouble installing, do you know if English version is required for it to work properly? Installing this on Polish version results in error (below and attached debug). Thanks for any help.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [.BCS.] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

//update: same is happening on plain fresh English installation from GOG
    Post edited by yghern on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    yghern wrote: »
    I have trouble installing, do you know if English version is required for it to work properly? Installing this on Polish version results in error (below and attached debug). Thanks for any help.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [.BCS.] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

//update: same is happening on plain fresh English installation from GOG

@yghern (and everyone else encountering this issue) This is caused by a bug in the latest WeiDU version (v247). To fix it either install the mod with the previous WeiDU version or fix the responsible script lines in the mod. To fix the script:
    1. Open the file "Undivided\SetUp-Undivided.tp2" with a text editor.
    2. Search for the keyword "COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP" and replace in the following string ~.*\.bcs~ the asterisk (*) by a plus sign (+). The resulting string should look like this: ~.+\.bcs~
    3. Do the same for the second instance of COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP.
    4. Save the file.
  • KelldrothKelldroth Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the fix.
  • yghernyghern Member Posts: 4
    argent77 wrote: »
    this is caused by a bug in the latest WeiDU version (v247)
    thanks my man, that worked perfectly!

Has this bug been reported to the maintainers? Surprised to see WeiDu is still on v247. I should think this would affect other mods as well?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Isewein This bug is fixed for this particular mod. Hopefully, it will be fixed for the next weidu version.
    Another problem with the mod was reported here, I'll leave a link just for the sake of clarity should @Aquadrizzt ever decide to return to work on the mod. I'll make note of whether I run into the same problem in my playthrough.
    @Isewein , ugh I thought I stomped that second issue out in the last round of testing. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll see if I can find a quick fix for it.
    Any chance you managed to figure it out ? I'd love to play the mod through properly but wouldn't want to get stuck just before the portal.
    I thought I had it fixed but evidently not. Obviously it's very hard to test/fix this particular instance because what's happening is a bunch of hidden flags that are set through out the game are being checked.

(If I'm being honest, I suspect that the only way to prevent this would be a total overhaul of the code base, which I don't have the time to implement properly right now.)
    edited July 2023
    I finally found an opportunity to rewrite the code for this mod. I am putting finishing touches on it now, and hope to have it packaged up soon.

The new system lets you configure any of the 7 companions to function as "followers" if you ever have more than 6 party members. Followers will not engage in combat but will be available to contribute to dialogs and will banter with the other party members.

I have manually-coded the entire "everyone ready" conversation that happens before the final chapter, so it should still function regardless of which companions are in the party officially and which are followers.

I've also added functionality like having followers run up to the protagonist if they are too far away.
    Post edited by Aquadrizzt on
    edited October 2023
    So glad to hear it! Any chance it might be out by Christmas? Hope the silence isn't discouraging you; I for one am holding out for Undivided before a PsT replay. Adapting Jastey's followers tweak from BG sounds like a great solution,

Thanks for all your efforts!
    Isewein wrote: »
    So glad to hear it! Any chance it might be out by Christmas? Hope the silence isn't discouraging you; I for one am holding out for Undivided before a PsT replay. Adapting Jastey's followers tweak from BG sounds like a great solution,

I'm trying to make sure I have squashed all the bugs and that the mod itself doesn't feel too hacky to play. Can you link me to Jastey's follower tweaks, I'd love to see how other people have approached this. I've already based some of this on the work Argent did for his A'faaq follower mod.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Aquadrizzt wrote: »
    Isewein wrote: »

I'm trying to make sure I have squashed all the bugs and that the mod itself doesn't feel too hacky to play. Can you link me to Jastey's follower tweaks, I'd love to see how other people have approached this. I've already based some of this on the work Argent did for his A'faaq follower mod.

If you need more examples how follower mode is scripted then I can also recommend to take a look at the NPC Generator mod where custom NPCs can freely switch between party and follower mode.
    Gosh, I'm sorry I completely missed your response! I was referring to Jastey's NPC mods, which enable you to take the new character a familiar-style follower rather than filling up a party slot. Solaufein, Grey the Dog and Brandock are implemented that way.
    Thanks for the references @argent77 and @Isewein . Will take a look when I have a spare moment and hopefully get Undivided into a more stable form.