Skip to content

The Black Pits!!!

13»

Comments

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    For me I feel the main draw of the black pits is that its something Id like to play online with a mate. I dont like playing multiplayer BG, because overall I think its mainly a single player experience, not to mention the limitations on the old system.

With the black pits I get to experience BG combat and gameplay in a standalone scenario in around a 6 hour adventure alongside a friend. Thats how I look at it... Though I admit that before I thought about playing it with a friend, it didnt really interest me at all.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I hope they give decent loot as rewards.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Not sure where the loot would fit in though, except for further Black Pits encounters. If you import to BG1 any kind of midrange level loot will likely feel out of place and overpowered, and if you import to BG2 it will be stripped away anyhow.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    To be honest I was hoping for Adventure Y instead of the Black Pits because according to Trent Oster, Adventure Y was more tied with the Bhaalspawn story line whereas the Black Pits was more of a bonus campaign. I'm thinking it could be something that fills the gap between the end of BG and the beginning of BG2.

Still, I'm definitely going to check out the Black Pits fist when it comes out. It'll burn up some time before any of the DLC comes out.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    The devs have mentioned that there is new dialogue for old NPCs in the new areas, I assume this means in the main game but I wonder if there will be any dialogue or banter from the NPCs in the Black Pits once they've been imported in?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I don't have to play the Black Pits. I play it everyday. It's called my job.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    @HaHaCharade what are you? a gynecologist??
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Wolk said:

@HaHaCharade what are you? a gynecologist??

Minus 5

• xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    Ill play it and prob enjoy it because I know a lot of people busted there asses on making it and it deserves a open mind. I played Icewind Dale and its expansion and loved it yes it's mostly combat but has amazing art, atmosphere and music =)
    Fire giants!
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I'll give it a shot at least once. Like others are saying, it might be a great way to test new character builds. It might also be cathartic on days my students really irritate me...
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I'll jump into the game first but I'll get round to trying out the Black Pits eventually.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    sorry if that was mentioned, but i will ask is there possibility to go to black pits from the main game or this is only playable like an extra seperate adventure?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @wojtek Separate. You can import/export parties into/from it, but you can't enter it through the gameworld.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    pity , thanks for the info
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2012
    Actually, I might run it through before the main campaign. To try out a few classes, and incite the Infinity Engine skills that lies dormant in a dusty tome, somewhere deep inside my foldy archive.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    It certainly isn't all that appealing, but I'm definitely going to try it out. It sounds like a lot of the belief that it has no story is derived from comments stating that it is less story-driven or is combat-oriented. This doesn't mean that there's no story and from what the devs are saying it looks like some sort of decent story developed along the way, so I'm sure it'll at least be worth trying out.

Also, as some others have said, it will be an interesting look at some original content from Overhaul and could be a fun experience on multiplayer with some friends.
    I just passed it!! (the black pits, not the game) i find it kind of great, easy adventure, dont have to deal with rep, just kill stuff, get killed, dry, reload, take revenge, feel good about yourself, cry because you don't have a girlfriend.... A good game i'd say!