Skip to content

Neera SoD quest bug

SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 199
edited June 2017 in Troubleshooting
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help with the Neera potion quest please :).

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Having trouble with this one.

Gave all the items, the quest says it is finished but I know it isn't.

She didn't brew the potion, despite many rests, and Adoy won't show up at Kanaglym.

Anyone knows the Globals for this quest?

Thanks!
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited June 2017
    Check this, are you sure all her items are collected and she's in party when you press the sleep button?

Check this, are you sure all her items are collected and she's in party when you press the sleep button?

Yup. I did this quest in another run with no problems. This time it is just bugged.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Is that screenshot from the successful game, a plot value of 15 is after the event.
    @Gate70

That's weird because the event of brewing the potion won't fire.

The quest shows up as finished, but Adoy won't show up at the Fuge Plane and she doesn't react when entering the Underground River area.
    Ok, EEKeeped BD_NEERA_PLOT to 10 and so far seems to have fixed the issue.
    Nope. Not fixed.

EEKeeping into 10 triggered the potion brew dialogue, but when I enter The Underground River there's no dialogue, when I enter Kanaglym there's no dialogue and when I'm right in front of the Fugue Plane nothing happens.

Anyone can help?
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,043
    @Raduziel did you ever solve this? I am encountering the exact same problem with the exact same circumstances. Note I finished this quest last run with no problems but the potion was brewed right after receiving all of the items and I had Neera in my party.

I read in another post on steam that certain events in Chapter 10 (e.g. placing the Bwoosh barrel or entering the castle basement) ends the Neera quest if the potion is not already brewed, but not sure how valid that commentary is frankly.
    Perhaps there is a potion brewing timer?
    @Aerakar

I altered all the variables that seem related to this quest and wasn't able to solve this.

It's the second time I bump into this bug - at the first time I thought I did something wrong.

In my second run the quest went well with no error and now (my third run), error again.

Damn it.
    edited September 2017
    I wonder if her quest is like Edwin's and she has to be in the party to complete it all the way, i.e. you can giver her potion ingredients without her (so quest solved), but you need her in the party for the 2nd part of the quest to register and kick in (potion brewing and then Underground River/Fugue Plane part).

Others like Safana or Khalid you can do without them actually being in the party I have found.

I'm not sure about Glint either as I had him in my party both runs, but I would guess his quest is not doable without him since many of the relative meetings are while adventuring.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Aerakar said:

I wonder if her quest is like Edwin's and she has to be in the party to complete it all the way, i.e. you can giver her potion ingredients without her (so quest solved), but you need her in the party for the 2nd part of the quest to register and kick in (potion brewing and then Underground River/Fugue Plane part).

Others like Safana or Khalid you can do without them actually being in the party I have found.

I'm not sure about Glint either as I had him in my party both runs, but I would guess his quest is not doable without him since many of the relative meetings are while adventuring.

Yeah, Neera HAS to be in the party to fully complete it. She has dialogue in the Dwarven ruins to complete it.
    Thanks @ThacoBell , makes sense I guess. I am still learning how SoD works, am only on my second play-through.

I did the Corwin romance last run, somewhat lacking but Corwin is great ranged support. This time was thinking to try out Viconia's new romance content. I got all the way to the Coalition Camp wondering when it would start before realizing her character does not romance dwarves in BG2 so probably not in SoD, so no Viconia in SoD it seems :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, Neera won't brew the potion unless she is in the party, and has stated that she will do so at the next rest. Which I do find a little odd, considering that her quest in BGEE can be completed without her.