Skip to content

Icewind Dale EE - Android - crash on startup

Since the latest Android version - I'm assuming because this game worked flawlessly when I first got it, running Android 5.0 and then 6.0 - IWDEE will not load. It will present a black screen, and then crash with a message saying so. I have tried power cycling the device, and I have deleted/reinstalled the app several times. Nothing helps.

Meanwhile, both my BG and BG2EE work just fine.

What's going on?

I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 running Android 7.0.

Comments

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Have u tried running the Samsung gaming tools and tweaking the resolution and graphic options.
    stellarvore84
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • stellarvore84stellarvore84 Member Posts: 3
    I checked the gaming tools and didn't see that option. I'll add my report to that thread. Sorry it took so long to come back to the thread, I've been working a lot.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403

Try setting everything on this screen to minimum to see if that helps anything.
  • stellarvore84stellarvore84 Member Posts: 3
    That didn't work. That sort of tool is on my phone, but not by tablet. I want to play on my tablet. Oddly enough, I am able to run the game just fine on my Galaxy S7 phone. I guess I will have to play on my small screen. BG and BG2 still do just fine on the Galaxy Tab S2.

I'll take back my negative google play review when they fix it.