Skip to content

Question about multiple copies and client

Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
Wasn't really sure where to post this. I am hoping to run a six player lan game all on pcs once multiplayer gets patched [fingers crossed] and am wondering if I take advantage of the current sale and purchase 4 additional copies of BG (already own 2), 5 of SOD, and 5 of BG II and Icewind Dale... can I tie all those to one email account? In other words, will the client check to see I have six copies of a single game if I launch a lan game locally?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The easier way would be to to gift copies to your friends so that your friends could log in with their own email.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135

The easier way would be to to gift copies to your friends so that your friends could log in with their own email.

Not friends but family. And we have one family email account. So the easy way is out, what is the hard way?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited June 2017
    One account can have one copy of the game.

So these are your possible steps:

- "Sign in, and launch the game" from each PC. The client will say the account has signed in elsewhere, but it won't exit the game

- or just copy/paste the game folder to each PC and run the game from the .exe file without opening the Client.

- ask for the Steam key and let the second participant of the MP game use the Steam key while you're using the Beamdog Client.

No matter what you choose, you will be able to MP between family members.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135

One account can have one copy of the game.

So these are your possible steps:

- "Sign in, and launch the game" from each PC. The client will say the account has signed in elsewhere, but it won't exit the game

- or just copy/paste the game folder to each PC and run the game from the .exe file without opening the Client.

- ask for the Steam key and let the second participant of the MP game use the Steam key while you're using the Beamdog Client.

No matter what you choose, you will be able to MP between family members.

Thanks!