Skip to content

Cult of the Eyeless: Quick Destroy?

It's been a while since I've done this quest, but just to double check.

Instead of doing the whole thing; get the two parts of the rod, etc. I can just waltz into the lair start killing folks, kill the beholder that pops up, and then leave and report back to the temple that hired me, right?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    You know, I've never actually tried that.

From experience I try to stay away from 'creative' solutions to quests, because the scripting has a tendency not to be robust enough to allow too freely a choice when it comes to solving quests.

But it's entirely possible that it works.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Well you can also bait the Unseeing Eye out by giving Gaal the scepter half, which will cause him and the cultists to turn on you, so just straight up attacking them achieves the same thing, if I'm not mistaken.
  • TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
    Cool, thanks.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Threatening Gaal at the moment you meet him does trigger the Unseeing one to appear , and killing him is enough to solve the quest. On the other hand, doing that won't give you access to the temple downstairs because Gaal only gives you the key if you accept the quest.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017
    You can do the frontal attack but you don't get access to one of the parts for Kangaxx which lies in the grave behind a locked door.
    You can pretend to accept his task until you get the key and then attack.

Of course this way you can never do the quest of the forgotten temple.

I have played the quest this way on occasions.
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    For some reason I'd never done this quest, and tried it out over the weekend.

Due to RP, I hostiled Gaal and killed the boss. Very upset I couldn't get to lower reaches.

I hate to ee-keep or console to solve issues like this.