Skip to content

BGII:EE Android Tweaks

124»

Comments

• dreikamuidreikamui Member Posts: 17

I've added the debug to the baldur.ini file, configured the keyboard to permanent. Still when i bring up the keyboard ingame, it does nothing when i press ctrl+ent or ctrl+space or ctrl+m..the only response i get to know that hk is working is that the space buttons pauses the game, the +- button zooms the game and the rest....Anything i'm doing wrong?
    THanks for the above file BTW...
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @dreikamui, unfortunately sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The fact that you are getting a pause is encouraging though. You have the right line inserted. If you were to create a new char, does CTRL-8 work for attributes?

Gus
    Ctrl+8 doesnt work...I've now downloaded EEkeeper.. Will try figuring it out laterin the day..
    @dreikamui. No probs, if you need any assistance, just ask and I will answer where I can.

Gus
    I've got EEkeeper to work but I can only edit abilities and characteristics before it crashes esp when I want to add items and spells..
    @dreikamui, if you are using v1.0.4.0, try reverting EEKeeper to 1.0.3.6 (with your paths etc all correct, you can keep the same ini). I have had problems with 1.0.4.0 crashing at various times.

Gus
    I tried the 1.0.3.6 and it still crashes..now I notice something..in version 1.0.4.0, the item browser still loads up but on clicking the spell browser, it force closes while none worked on the 1.0.3.6 at all...any idea??
    Then how did you add bag of holding to my inventory?? The change item doesn't work something along the line of cannot export data...thanks
    I downloaded ver 1.0.3.2 and it works perfectly..thanks..
    Still I have problems with adding items and spells
    @dreikamui, the 1.0.3.6 version should be quite stable. Could you describe how you setup your working area on the HDD (folder names etc)? Are the .Obbs extracted into the same folder? Also, could you copy and rename your EEKeeper.ini to EEKeeper.txt and post?

To get the bag in, I opened EEKeeper, selected the char, then selected the inventory tab. Double clicked in an empty slot, which then opened the Item Browser. Scrolled down to the container area and assigned 'Bag31' to CHARNAME.

Gus
    edited April 2018
    Can't find EEkeeper.ini..
    I have a problem though...I added some items (items and spells) and also changed my thaco and AC to negative values...I loaded the save and the game crashes on my phone...{I'm thinking the problem should either be with the innates I added( up to lvl 9=5), or the scrolls(50 per slot)....Any idea on what I should do next??
    @dreikamui, EEKeeper.ini should be in the same folder as EEKeeper. I would suggest that it is the negative values that could be crashing the game.

I am guessing that you adjust the values on the Abilities tab. What you could is use the Effects tab instead. Never having done it myself, I am unsure what the long term effects are (if you go beyond the game's expectations)...

I think that to adjust the THAC0, you add this effect (where the 1 in the Statistic Modifier is the amount you want to adjust by):

I think that to adjust the AC, you add this effect (where the 1 in the Statistic Modifier is the amount you want to adjust by):

All I did to get these up, was to add a kit effect. I know that the Kensai adds attacking and defensive measures as it goes up in levels, so added the kit effect upto level 3, then had a look at what it did to the character effects. You can modify the values from there. Again, I am unsure what the long term impact is, but you should be able to re-edit your saved game and lower the values if anything strange occurs.

Let me know how that goes.

Gus
    Thanks for the feedback...I'm still having troubles with understanding THaco and AC...in the abilities tab or effects, what value should I set thaco and AC to always or nigh always hit and armour class to lowest(is lowest like negative value good)? And also saving throws..
    Lemme put it this way..
    Thaco of 20, AC of 20 and saving throw of 20 what happens??
    Thaco of -5, AC of -5 and saving throws of -5 what happens??
    All based on EEkeepers display...
    @dreikamui, Your understanding of THAC0 (To Hit Armor Class Zero) and AC (Armor Class) can best be exhanced by having a look at the pages linked. You definately need to know these prior to editing the fields. This may turn into a wall of text, so sorry from the outset...

In short for the Qs (this is relevant for D&D 2.0, so all the EE series, as the rules changes for v3.0 and above):
    Thaco of 20, AC of 20 and saving throw of 20 what happens?? (It should be written as THAC0 where the final character is a Zero)
    - Having a THAC0 of 20 means that, with a 20 side dice, you need to throw a 20 to hit Armor Class Zero (0). If the creature your were attacking had an AC of 20 (which is unlikely) then you hit. We will discuss saving throws later... There are a couple of things to note here though. Rolling a 'natural' 20 on a 20 sided dice means that you will always hit... When I say 'natural', it means that the face of the dice shown is 20. A 'natural' 1 always misses.

Also, it is unlikely that a creature would have an AC of 20. Take a human as an example. They start out with an AC fo 10, then bonuses are added (normally a negative bonus) or subtracted. If the human is wearing no armour, has no shield, but has a dexertiry of 16 (which equates to an AC bonus of -2) then the human now has an AC of 8. Add some Leather Amour, which starts the AC at 8, then add the dexterity bonus of -2, the human now has an AC of 6. Add a small shield (-1), the AC is now 5 and so on. You get AC bonuses for various items and spells which all need to be taken into account. In these games (unless modded) some items do not stack the AC bonus. Magical Armour for example, may not allow AC bonuses from some other items, but does from spells etc. It may look complicated but you will get to know what items and which armour (if any) would be the best for your current character.

Taking the above question and modifying it slightly to answer:
    THAC0 of 16, AC of 6 and saving throw roll of 4 what happens??

If the creature you were fighting against had an AC of 9 & your THAC0 is 16. You would need to roll a 5 (16-9) or better to hit.

Throwing a 4 on the dice doesn't mean you miss as there are also a number of other factors to take into account. The type of weapon, the skills I have as far as proficiencies are concerned, single weapon or dual weilding, spells/potions etc. All these may add or subtract to the face of the rolled dice in the calculation to determine the end result. I might have a weapon that adds +1, which now gives me a roll of 5. You might have strength bonuses etc but in this case you dont and don't have any other bonuses. This means you hit. Given the same roll but using a weapon that you don't have a proficiency for and as a fighter, you end up with a -2 penalty giving your roll a 2 and you miss.

You may have noticed in the game that the class of your character is taken into account when handing out penalites for not having prficiencies, warrior type is -2, priest & thief types get a penalty of -3, mages are given a penalty of -6.

Saving throws are used to determine whether you have been impacted by a condition like poison, disease, spell, etc.

That is a lot to take in and decypher, but this is like trying to put a large egg into a very small basket. I will pause now to see if there are any Qs.

Hope it doesn't hurt too much.
    Gus