Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Can't get the Book of Wisdom for free, even if I have Heroic (20) reputation

AnkAnk Member Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Troubleshooting
What the title says, I can't get the Book of Wisdom involved in the Marek and Lothander quest from the Lady's House for free, even though I have a high enough reputation (Heroic, 20). Also, the quest Jared and the Mountain Bear, in which a guy asks you to kill a bear just across a bridge, gave me the average reward (for 8-14 reputation) instead of the Boots of the North.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 10,042
    Its not based on rep. Your charisma is too low.

Artona
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,859
    ...you bother with the boots map?

And yeah, you might try a higher cha next time.

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,021
    Yup, yup! Charisma is very important in the game, don't make it a min stat next time.

• AnkAnk Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I was almost sure it was based on reputation. I'm playing a ranger/cleric multi, with 12 charisma (after using the Book of charisma), I actually thought it was pretty high (I also thought charisma had 0 impact on dialogues, quests or anything other than store prices, so...).

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,734
    There are indeed other alternative ways to get your goodies if you want to bypass the reward system:
    1) Evil and proud of it - cut them down and take what you want from their cold, dead hands (reputation takes a hit).
    2) Evil, but want to hide it - charm them and get them to attack something nearby with their bare hands.
    3) Could be evil, but not quite sure - pickpocket them (note not all items can be acquired by this method).
    4) Chaos is cool - by-pass level restrictions to gate in a fiend (or try and try again until a wild mage does it for you with a spell surge) and watch as they decimate the population of the surrounding area.

ShikaoJuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 589
    Did you remember to retrieve the Water Elemental Bowl from the fishermen for the Umberlee Acolyte earlier? She does owe you a favor if you help her without thought of reward.

Artona