Skip to content

Can't get the Book of Wisdom for free, even if I have Heroic (20) reputation

AnkAnk Member Posts: 3
edited August 2017 in Troubleshooting
What the title says, I can't get the Book of Wisdom involved in the Marek and Lothander quest from the Lady's House for free, even though I have a high enough reputation (Heroic, 20). Also, the quest Jared and the Mountain Bear, in which a guy asks you to kill a bear just across a bridge, gave me the average reward (for 8-14 reputation) instead of the Boots of the North.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its not based on rep. Your charisma is too low.
    Artona
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    ...you bother with the boots map?

And yeah, you might try a higher cha next time.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Yup, yup! Charisma is very important in the game, don't make it a min stat next time.
  • AnkAnk Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, I was almost sure it was based on reputation. I'm playing a ranger/cleric multi, with 12 charisma (after using the Book of charisma), I actually thought it was pretty high (I also thought charisma had 0 impact on dialogues, quests or anything other than store prices, so...).
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    There are indeed other alternative ways to get your goodies if you want to bypass the reward system:
    1) Evil and proud of it - cut them down and take what you want from their cold, dead hands (reputation takes a hit).
    2) Evil, but want to hide it - charm them and get them to attack something nearby with their bare hands.
    3) Could be evil, but not quite sure - pickpocket them (note not all items can be acquired by this method).
    4) Chaos is cool - by-pass level restrictions to gate in a fiend (or try and try again until a wild mage does it for you with a spell surge) and watch as they decimate the population of the surrounding area.
    ShikaoJuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Did you remember to retrieve the Water Elemental Bowl from the fishermen for the Umberlee Acolyte earlier? She does owe you a favor if you help her without thought of reward.
    Artona