Skip to content

The OBVIOUS simple AI fix that will greatly improve vanilla EE battles

2»

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

Actually, "applying it to IWDEE" is bad wording, because that can't be done. What would be necessary is to create something from scratch, based on the ideas and techniques of SCS, for IWDEE.

I understand. Which is why I think this should be a paid effort.

An AI upgrade is well worth the money. I don't expect it for free.

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    ThacoBell said:

@Lord_Tansheron The AI of SoD is actually based on SCS. So you should get an SCS like experience (limited, no max level spawns and HLAs on enemy spellcasters, just general AI improvements), I actually have to turn the difficulty slider down a notch to be able to beat it.

It may be SCS-inspired, but I should add that I play at the very extreme end of difficulty, with SCS cranked to 11 on every setting (plus LoB, of course). And that barely does it in terms of satisfying difficulty. I don't want to play anything below that, really. I already have very limited time to play.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited August 2017

It may be SCS-inspired, but I should add that I play at the very extreme end of difficulty, with SCS cranked to 11 on every setting (plus LoB, of course). And that barely does it in terms of satisfying difficulty. I don't want to play anything below that, really. I already have very limited time to play.

@Lord_Tansheron I've played both and in terms of difficulty I think SoD on LoB is considerably harder than BG on LoB with SCS. That view could be changed by other mods you have, though I doubt it. You should of course play whatever you want to, but if you're only avoiding SoD because you think it would be too easy then you might want to think again. However, I won't risk annoying you by posting on this topic again.