Skip to content

Item modding question

DarvonDarvon Member Posts: 8
Hello all. Having seen that SoD adds Stalker Gauntlets as a magic item, and that there's a mod that allows you to take them into BG2EE, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how complicated it will be to make a mod to have this item in BGEE (before SoD content). I've never modded before and have no programming experience, but I'd really like my stalker to be able to use this item so that he isn't restricted to a x2 backstab for the entirety of the first game. Cheers :)

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    How do you want to find the item in BGEE, a shop, on an enemy, as a quest reward, in a container?
    Or just
    C:CreateItem("bdbrac05")
    cheat them into your inventory.
  • DarvonDarvon Member Posts: 8
    Cheers! If I was going to mod it I'd put it on a tough enemy to feel like I'd earned it, but if it's that simple to add them to my inventory I'd probably just do that. Will I need SoD installed to use the code? I ask because I don't have it yet as I mainly play on Android as I love being able to play BG anywhere, so I've been waiting for SoD to be released. That said, I do have BGEE on the PC so if I do need SoD maybe I can install SoD on the PC, move my save from Android to PC, give the character the item, then find the item file and add it to the Android file structure and transfer the save back over. What do you think?
    That will not work. (Unless you use an EET install).

You may want to create yourself a small weidu mod that
    1. adds the SoD item to BGEE
    2. adds the item to the inventory of a foe of your choice, e.g Greywolf(?)
    3. For that you need to export the SoD item to your mod, also the animation files and the item description.
    4. write a tp2 that a) puts the item into BGEE and b) adds it to a creature file

Alternative to 3, you can just create a similar item for your BGEE game and just put it onto a cre.

It is a bit of effort but it can be done, depending on your modding experience.
  • DarvonDarvon Member Posts: 8
    Cheers. I have no modding experience whatsoever but I reckon I'll read/watch some tutorials then have a go at making a mod that creates a similar item. Thanks for the help :)