Skip to content

Fences in ToB

ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
I've looked all over for fences in ToB but I can't find any. (Places to sell stolen goods) I already have 300K gold and nothing really to buy since I looted, stole, and resold any possible items and gold I could get, but I like to see if I can get to 1 MILL gold. I only sell stolen items once (instead of selling and stealing and reselling, because that's basically cheating) and it makes no sense for the NPC to keep buying them, even when they're the ones you're stealing it from.

Anyways, I can't seem to find any fence shops in ToB.

I tried spawning rattell, the guy who buys and sells in front of Mae'var's guild after you become the leader, but I can't find his creature code. Gorch is the original guy there, and he can be spawned, but after you've done the maevar quest you can no longer buy or sell from him, so he is not an option. Since rattell is a member of my guild it doesn't feel like cheating to spawn him nearby to buy some of my junk for the guild, if only I could find his creature code :(

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    you might try the smugglers in amkethran. I don't know if they buy stolen goods, though.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,356
    Durenas said:

you might try the smugglers in amkethran. I don't know if they buy stolen goods, though.

Sorry. Just tried the smugglers. They may be smugglers in league with Saemon H., but they sure as h... won't accept stolen goods. Go figure
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2017
    I will update this thread if i find a fence in ToB, for now I'm just storing all my stolen goods in that one guy's house you kill immediately after entering Saradush, the guy who framed someone else for the death or w/e, since he has a lot of chests and stuff in that house. just from the Innkeeper that sells armor and other stuff I've probably gotten near 100K extra gold worth of stolen items from Saradush already, + the 300K i already had I doubt I'll reach 1,000,000 like my goal but we'll see, probably get pretty close.

I've sold almost every magic item I could find in SoA and probably got close to 500K from there, and spent 200-300K on items. When you're playing a solo character and stealing everything you start to notice how easy it really is to get gold. It'd probably be a bit more challenging if I wasn't a solo character though.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    I don't think there are any fences in ToB.

If you want to use Rattell's store, enter the following console command:
    C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1, StartStore("SHTHSTOR", Myself))')
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Rogue Rebalancing component 7=Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards makes the smugglers in Amkethran buy fenced goods.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    is there anything worth buying, though? Especially with mods like IR.

Btw, are there mods that add balanced items ?
  • ZagaciousZagacious Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2017
    Arthas said:

is there anything worth buying, though? Especially with mods like IR.

Btw, are there mods that add balanced items ?

So far in ToB not really, except for a few high level mage spell scrolls in Saradush that I haven't seen in SoA. There's some very high level armor and weapons, but if you've cleared most of SoA then not much of it will be an upgrade to what you already have.

For a solo F/M/T I've bought everything I've needed in SoA + ToB for probably around 250K gold total, a lot of which is probably mage scrolls so for 6 characters it might be possible to spend nearly 1 MILL, but probably not necessary since you can find same or better items outside of shops, except for a few scrolls and equipment that are only sold in shops.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Unless you start a new game in ToB or you summon a lot of former NPCs, there is very little use of stores at that point in the game. You find what you need anywhere.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    thank you