Skip to content

Shadow keeper issue

darkmoon500darkmoon500 Member Posts: 25
Whenever I try to save games using shadow keeper it does not work, when I go to the save game file I cannot see the saves, it used to work, I'm not sure if atweaks or g3 fix pack is causing this issue. Another issue i have is using eekeeper as eekeeper doesn't work on the original version of bg2, it crashes as soon as resources are loaded everytime, and I have no options under the language section, it's just alway an empty box, my saved games do show up, it just crashes everytime once they are loaded, I did not buy my game off of beamdog or steam, it's straight from black isle, so when I add those folders I don't believe eekeeper recognizes the term blackisle, instead I believe it wants beamdog or steam. My problems is either because the mod and fix pack or the black isle name or its the fact that i do not have bg2ee on my computer itself ant help would be appreciated, I do however have ee version on my phone, not really any different than vanilla version, but on the phone I can hex edit the whole party and inventory items, add portraits and move save folders from save to mpsave, as there is a horrible glitch on the phone in multilayer tcp/ip that causes multiple npcs to spawn like 20 annoying genies always random showing up and they start talking each one after the other so annoying, I saw like 20 high watcher orsig in the dungeon with the red dragon, my issue with that is how am I supposed to kill him without losing reputation if 20 npcs are randomly spawned by him? I never had that problem in vanilla bg1, bg2, iwd, pst, on computer.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited August 2017
    Use EEKeeper, not shadowkeeper. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-4

Sorry, missed that you had tried it. As long as it is pointed to the 00783 folder then it should work though you may want to post a question in the EEKeeper thread. Look for the folder with the file chitin.key. That is what EEKeeper wants to point to. I don't believe ShadowKeeper has been worked on for a long time.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    As @mf2112 said - you are much more likely to get help with EEKeeper than ShadowKeeper here. So it would be best to post in EEKeeper thread and see what @Troodon80 has to say about your problem =]
  • darkmoon500darkmoon500 Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2017
    mf2112 said:

Use EEKeeper, not shadowkeeper. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-4

Sorry, missed that you had tried it. As long as it is pointed to the 00783 folder then it should work though you may want to post a question in the EEKeeper thread. Look for the folder with the file chitin.key. That is what EEKeeper wants to point to. I don't believe ShadowKeeper has been worked on for a long time.

I don't have a folder named 00783, maybe that's the problem, also my chitin.key is just in the main folder itself, C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII-SoA that's what I have so far I don't have these other folders, so I'll head to the forum for that and see if I can get some help
    Post edited by darkmoon500 on
    Shikao said:

As @mf2112 said - you are much more likely to get help with EEKeeper than ShadowKeeper here. So it would be best to post in EEKeeper thread and see what @Troodon80 has to say about your problem =]

Yeah that's were I originally looked, but couldn't find the answer, but your right I should of posted it there, thanks for the link, much appreciated
    I got it, I finally found out the issue, I'm using windows 7, I right clicked on the black isle folder, permissions were already checked for all permissions on administrator, which I am the admin, well I started looking and noticed "user" didn't have all the permissions checked, so I checked them and hit apply and it works, odd I guess I assumed that just cause admin had all checked it would, guess not, so "user" permissions must all be checked, now I can see the save files in the save files folder