Skip to content

Unseeing Eye quest start

Is there any particular reason why the priest of Helm would not show up after Gaal's rant? Is there any sort of age/rep requirement? All temples are empty.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    rosetyler said:

Is there any particular reason why the priest of Helm would not show up after Gaal's rant? Is there any sort of age/rep requirement? All temples are empty.

If you have Multiple Strongholds Mod then it will cause problems with this quest, possibly depending on your alignment and/or whether you are a Priest. If you have the console enabled:

Evil - C:CreateCreature("BHNALLA")
    Neutral - C:CreateCreature("bhoisig")
    Good - C:CreateCreature("bharval")

then follow them to the relevant temple and it should start the quest chain.
  • rosetylerrosetyler Member Posts: 37
    I figured that was the issue. I'm on mobile so the console isn't available sadly. I just started so I can remake easily... would a new game help tho?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sometimes it takes a while for the cutscene npcs to leave the area. The priest that asks for your help won't appear until they all de-spawn. If this is what happened, you won't be able to save in the temple district as well. Usually just waiting long enough/transitioning areas a couple times will fix it.
    Now that you've mentioned it, there were hecklers left behind that didn't move while everyone else dispursed. I don't remember them sticking around before. I'll do a few more quests before checking again.
    @rosetyler it may be worth trying to rest outside in the temple district. Causing the clock to advance might trigger it as well. The easiest solution would also be having a save from just before triggering the cutscene and see if it completes correctly then.
    It was good advice, but sadly sleeping in the temple district wasn't enough. And the hecklers stuck around. There isn't a rep or level requirement?
    rosetyler said:

It was good advice, but sadly sleeping in the temple district wasn't enough. And the hecklers stuck around. There isn't a rep or level requirement?

Nope, I believe the hecklers stick around until after the quest, but a couple priests do need to leave. If you can save in the temple district some script must have broken. Its a shame the console isn't available on mobile, as it is kind of necessary to deal with some of bugs. The game engine is about 18 years old at this point and while it has been MASSIVELY improved, its still one of the most tempramental a game engine can be while still being stable.
    edited August 2017
    I agree with you that the console really is necessary in some situatons.

Is it possible for the script to already be broken when the char is made? The temple was the first place I visited after clearing the slave compound in the Slums, no other quests done. I didn't make a save there at all, however the first time running through I was ambushed in between areas. Do in between areas mess with scripts from other areas?
    Post edited by rosetyler on
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    rosetyler said:

I didn't make a save there at all, however the first time running through I was ambushed in between areas. Do in between areas mess with scripts from other areas?

No.
    The break would only happen when the quest is triggered, so you shouldn't be screwed right at game start. Sometimes just reloading before entering the map can fix it. Do you have an autosave from before entering the temple district.

Oh, also, if you have a way to transfer your save to a computer, you can upload it to the troubeshooting section and someone can take a look at it to see just what went wrong.
    I did retry the autosave, and the save before that, quite a few times. No option to upload to computer either. No worries! I appreciate the responses you fine people!
    Well shoot. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    edited September 2017
    The effort and concern is appreciated.

As a test, I renamed the override folder that came with the tweaks mod located in the folder where the game is installed. Then I reloaded the save to retrigger the quest. High Watcher Oisig appeared almost immediately after Gaal's rant. It looks like something is conflicting with the mod there. I resaved and renamed the folder back to what it originally was afterward. I hope I didn't do something to permenantely ruin my save.

edit: spelling
    Post edited by rosetyler on