Skip to content

[MOD LIST] Mods by AionZ/Artemius_I

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2019
    @marcialhd I don't want to dissuade @AionZ from doing anything (the more mods the merrier), but if what you want id to play a Bladesinger right now, there are several mods that already offer it. My most recent take on it is here.

dude... you and i already had a discussion about this topic 2 years ago on another thread and i distinctly remember you trying to shoehorn the idea that in 2edition Bladesingers are for "pure elves only" and how half-elves are "uncreative" despite the fact that in AD&D there were half-elven Bladesingers and it was even an option in the rulebooks for it (please see the 1d4chan link on my past comment) and i remember we ended up agreeing to disagree on the matter also i specifically mentioned in my comment that "yes i know that there are other mods that add Bladesingers kits to the game but they either: are in other languages with no translations, do not respect the lore of the class, or are abandoned/filled with bugs" and your mod falls in to one these.

look i do not want a repeat of our past discussion and if i actually took the time to put out what i wrote in the past comment is because i'm hoping somebody can for once do the Bladesinger kit actual justice, because believe me if i had the knowledge and the time to do so i would have made it myself a long time ago.
    Post edited by marcialhd on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @subtledoctor look i wasn't trying to be agressive or anything i was just spooked and a bit frustrated about your answer, plus like i already said on my past comment "i know that there are other mods that add Bladesingers kits to the game" yours was among the ones i alluded to i just didn't liked your take on it nothing personal.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    No worries. As I said, it would be quite cool if @AionZ made another interpretation, he tends to make 3E-inspired stuff AFAICT so it would likely be different and interesting, and 3E embraces much more liberal race/class options.

still i have to say sorry, its just that i really wasn't on the right state of mind when i wrote that and well considering how our last conversation about the topic went well...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2019
    Ugh... this will be the last thing you want to hear but the 2e Bladesinger does not look like a fun build to me. Everything is passive? I mean about 90% of it is doable I think but it's funny you come to me for this considering everything I've made is 100% homebrew and I have next to zero PnP knowledge.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2019
    AionZ wrote: »
    Ugh... this will be the last thing you want to hear but the 2e Bladesinger does not look like a fun build to me. Everything is passive? I mean about 90% of it is doable I think but it's funny you come to me for this considering everything I've made is 100% homebrew and I have next to zero PnP knowledge.

well that's a shame :/ i kinda hoped that you actually considered but hey maybe you can think of something to make it more to your liking? i was just offering ideas, besides are you sure everything you did is homebrewed? because if that's the case most of them while not a 100% exact are actually pretty spot on with both their PnP and video game representation (for example your Palemaster and Arcane Archer kits are pretty similar to their versions of the Neverwinter Nights games and 3rd edition PnP).
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited April 2019
    wrong thread
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @AionZ The update of the Artisan's Kitpack that includes the compatibility between the Warhorn Shaman/Hivemaster and DoF's sphere system wasn't uploaded so far. Do you plan to do so in this next version?

Thanks.
    @Raduziel

The mod has not been updated in ages. Original plans for a compatibility patch were delayed to make way for the new kits.
    its not like that many people use my mods anyways so there’s no hurry
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @AionZ Thanks :)

I'm only asking that because so far two (or three, I can't remember now) players reported the lack of compatibility in DoF's thread.

But take your time. I told them already that the Warhorn wasn't updated yet and I had no ETA for that.

Cheers!
    edited May 2019
    This is what the Kensai rework is looking like, by the way:
    KENSAI: This class's name, which means "sword saint" in the common tongue, refers to a warrior who has been specially trained to be one with their weapon. The kensai is deadly, fast, and trained to fight without the protection of armor. (Note: Despite its common name, a Kensai may use any melee weapon with which they are proficient.)

Advantages:
    – Base Armor Class of 8.
    – -1 bonus to Speed Factor every 4 levels.
    – Gains a +10% bonus to all physical damage dealt.
    – Gains the Ki Critical innate.

KI CRITICAL: +2 bonus to critical hit rate. Gains an additional +2 at 10th level and +1 every 5 levels thereafter.

– May use the Ki Focus ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

KI FOCUS: All successful attacks within the next 12 seconds will never miss and deal 20% increased physical damage.

– From 3rd level onwards, may use the Defensive Fighting ability at will.

DEFENSIVE FIGHTING: The Kensai sets their base Armor Class to a value equal to 6 - (level/2 rounded up). This ability lasts indefinitely until deactivated. However, while Defensive Fighting is active, the Kensai loses his Ki Critical modifier, becomes unable to critically strike, and is unable to use Ki Strike or Ki Focus.

– From 5th level onwards, may use the Ki Strike ability once per round.

KI STRIKE: The Kensai's next attack within one round of casting the ability has a doubled Ki Critical modifier and deals maximum damage. The Kensai incurs a cumulative fatigue penalty upon landing the attack, the amount of which decreases as the Kensai gains levels. Ki Critical will fail if the Kensai is overly fatigued.

– From 10th level onwards, gains the Perfect Defense innate.

PERFECT DEFENSE: When Defensive Fighting is active, the Kensai becomes immune to backstabs. Additionally, the Kensai gains a cumulative +1 bonus to Armor Class vs. all weapon types (note: this translates to +1 per weapon type semi-bypassing the AC cap) for 2 rounds per successful melee hit.

– From 15th level onwards, gains the Perfect Offense innate.

PERFECT OFFENSE: The Kensai will no longer critically miss on an attack roll of 1.

Disadvantages:
    – May not use any armor, helmets, gauntlets, bracers or shields.
    – May not use missile weapons.
    – Does not gain access to the Hardiness, Resist Magic or War Cry high level abilities. (note: these are substituted for offensive HLAs. Critical Strike is less desirable with this kit's innate critical rate and is therefore also replaced with a substitute.)
    – Alignment restricted to any non-chaotic.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    All three of those kits look like fun. I look forward to their release.
    edited May 2019
    I wish critical hit immunity was an opcode but it's hardcoded as an item flag... that was the ideal Perfect Defense bonus.

And while the massive critical bonuses look insane on paper, it's honestly less powerful in practice when compared the ridiculous +1 to hit/damage per 4 levels the vanilla Kensai has. Not to mention it has a massive disadvantage against anything with a helmet. Since I've removed basically every defensive tool the Kensai did have and restricted it to the Defensive Fighting toggle, it's also fragile as all hell at every stage of the game. The payoff is that at high levels it feels as though you have Critical Strike permanently active and with the damage multipliers you get to see some pretty insane damage numbers.
    I’ve built a forum on my mod site: https://artisans-corner.com/forums/

Not sure how useful it will be in the long run but maybe it will be helpful not to have each mod’s discussion condensed into a single thread.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    I noticed your SHS download for the Artisan Pack does not have .zip at the end of it, so it comes out as a plain file (At least for me it did). I had to manually add .zip to make use of it. I recall it being fine before so I'm guessing its with the most recent version only.

ilopc2iavjl6.png

This might just be local to me, but the -'s for the Arcane Archer's description came out as squares for some reason. It's all fine in the .tra though. Perhaps caused by the backup folder being in this download (I assume you forgot to delete it!)

Otherwise I have no issues with it and going to use the arcane archer for an alternate class for Emily.
    @Skitia

Whoops. That happens when the files aren't encoded in UTF-8 format, so the en dash character gets messed up. The kitpack's been updated to 1.4 on github and SHS.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Is your Caelar Argent mod far? I'm extremely against SOD (I usually install the Skip Sod component from G3 forums) but your mod may make me change idea about not playing it.

Regards
    A somewhat off-topic question: which format looks better?

https://artisans-corner.com/aura-npc/

https://artisans-corner.com/drake-npc-for-bgee/
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I'm leaning toward the second one, using Drake's format, as everything is visible at a glance without having to click on additional details as with the Aura format.
    I like Drake's better. But on the topic of formatting, I could live without that sidebar on the left; for a website with a dark color scheme, that white sidebar is an annoyance.
    I've reverted Aura's mod page. I can't remove the sidebar but I changed the color to something a bit less distracting. The menu unfortunately can't be changed with my poor skills but it's at least something that isn't constantly present.
    Also, since this is probably the best place to put it, I think I've found a bug with the Magekiller from the Artisan's Kitpack.

Their dispelling backstabs never seem to dispel the target, ever, even if the Magekiller is several levels higher than their victim. I've taken the Magekiller in a party of 3 all the way through BG1 and SoD and usually used backstabs as his main form of attack since about halfway through BG1, but they've never been successful even once.

I think it has to do with the dispelling type on the backstab effect spell, which is set to "Use specific level," but the level is set to 0. I changed this to "Use caster level" instead and now dispelling backstabs work - not all the time, as per Dispel Magic, but they at least have a chance of working now.
    Baah. I'll fix it.

For future reference the kitpack has its own thread now, but still, thanks for the notice.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited August 2019
    AionZ wrote: »
    I believe I may have overworked myself lately as my stress level is not feeling particularly healthy. The Geomancer and Kensai for the kitpack have some final issues that are a little complicated to fix, so I may just post an update with the compatibility patch as well as the two kits that are finished, depending on whether there's any demand for them.

Hope you are feeling better now with a lot less stress! Just know that we are many in the BG community who appreciate your hard work with all these great mods.