AC 2

On the character sheet break down, it says for PC:

"Armor Class: 4
Dexterity: -4
Ability Bonuses: -5"

For Rasaad it says:

"Armor Class: 4
Dexterity: -2"

Why does my PC have "ability bonuses" but Rasaad doesn't?
tbone1

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited September 2017
    I have a vague memory of a bug associated with the implementation of monk AC in earlier versions of the EE. Effectively it double-counts the improvement in AC a monk gets with levels - showing it directly in the AC4, but adding it again as the ability bonus.
    TressetGrumtbone1
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Yeah, it was a bug. I think 2.0 fixed it, but old characters may still have the effects of the bug.
    Grumtbone1JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited September 2017
    Ah. So my PC monk gets twice the AC boost? Huh.

Guess I have to decide whether I want to keep this going and enjoy the OPness or to wait until 2.0 comes to iPhone...

Thanks for the answers
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    The bug only exists in BG1:EE IIRC. If you can get your character file to EEKeeper it can be easily fixed for the rest of the game...
    tbone1JuliusBorisov
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Grum said:

Well as an update I was pretty bummed. So I started rolling in BG1, and just got a human Berserker with...

Str (18/22) Dex (18) Con (18) Int (17) Wis (7) Cha (14)

You can guess what she'll be. Never rolled high enough for that before. Got it in five rolls. I think it is karma for abandoning the monk run.

Nice, playing a Rage-Mage myself atm, although Barbarian instead of Berserker since it now counts as a fighter kit and can therefore be dual-classed. Gotta love that 93% physical resistance with Helmet of Dumathoin, Defender of Easthaven and Hardiness popped, although i'm 17th mage now so lost access to the equipment until level 40 is reached (solo with xp cap removed so make super-fast XP)
    AerakarGrond0Grum
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Borek said:

Grum said:

Well as an update I was pretty bummed. So I started rolling in BG1, and just got a human Berserker with...

You can guess what she'll be. Never rolled high enough for that before. Got it in five rolls. I think it is karma for abandoning the monk run.

Nice, playing a Rage-Mage myself atm, although Barbarian instead of Berserker since it now counts as a fighter kit and can therefore be dual-classed. Gotta love that 93% physical resistance with Helmet of Dumathoin, Defender of Easthaven and Hardiness popped, although i'm 17th mage now so lost access to the equipment until level 40 is reached (solo with xp cap removed so make super-fast XP)
    That's a big investment, thought it'll make a monster of a character.

I'm looking forward to hitting BG2 and for when I reach Berserker (9) Mage (10). I've never done a mage dual before, so I plan to just save/buy as many scrolls as I can and buff his Int to 25 with potions. Should be interesting to see him get a full spell book and several levels in seconds.
    Aerakar
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Grum said:

Borek said:

Grum said:

That's a big investment, thought it'll make a monster of a character.

I'm looking forward to hitting BG2 and for when I reach Berserker (9) Mage (10). I've never done a mage dual before, so I plan to just save/buy as many scrolls as I can and buff his Int to 25 with potions. Should be interesting to see him get a full spell book and several levels in seconds.
    If you use a thief to steal all the scrolls available in Athkatla with a few potions of Master thievery you can get to around level 16 if solo just (remove the thief before you scribe them), that will pretty much get you a copy of every 1-6th level spell, if you do Copper Coronet you'll also get a few 7th and 8th scrolls and there's also a few 8th level ones from the Adventurers mart Scroll merchant. Also there's 2 Protection from Undead scrolls, 1 of which should let you get the Ring of Gaxx if you time it right and use a Haste potion for the running between Liches/Kangaxx. Will need to use a thief to pick the locks and remove the traps on Bridge Lich door and Kangaxx's door tho, or use 2 Knocks.
    Grum