Skip to content

Can't find this save game solution ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

virusmkiivirusmkii Member Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
Ok, I'll try to be as detailed as possible seeing as I have finally come to the conclusion that I have exhausted my google sleuthing abilities. I usually like to fix problems on my own but this situation is forcing me to reach out because I want to play this damn game.

I am using windows 10. Downloaded BGII EE from steam.

Problem: I can save games but when I try to load one nothing populates the load selection screen.

I have re-installed three times. I have tried installing on D drive instead of C drive, no luck. What I have noticed is that a save folder is created under my documents but there are no files located in that folder.

From what I am seeing I can command the 'save' function while in the game but the action of saving produces an empty folder in my documents. One which is properly named from how I labeled the save file just to find an empty folder.

Any and all help would be supremely appreciated.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I can't recall any previous mention of creating e.g. 000000009-mysave folders but nothing within them. Do any of the below help.

Delete the documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder so a new one is created
    Changing the Cloud Saves setting (Options -> Gameplay)
    Using another account on the computer to see if the issue is account related

Plus some questions
    Do you have any auto-backup / sync software running against your documents folder
    Does your antivirus / security software show any files that have been quarantined
    Does your account name have any extended characters (not a-zA-z0-9) such as Cyrillic
  • MaelstromUKMaelstromUK Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    @Gate70 - thaaaank yooou. Obviously it was Antivirus causing the problem. I'm using BitDefender and it had 'silently' blocked Baldur's Gate from saving the save files. Much frustration.

After looking at my alerts and changing the application monitoring NOT to block BG everything works. Phew.