Skip to content

Hexxat dies after resurrection

Hi,

it has been twice i noticed something weird:

Hexxat is dead, I have a priest cast resurrection on her, only for her to die immediatly afterwards.

Apart from those 2 times, it has not been a problem, but those two times, I do not undertand why she died immediatly.

I checked : we were indoor, there was no damage area , and in fact, she died without taking damage.
The lines are just:

Aerie casts resurrection on Hexxat
Hexxat: Death.

Someone has an idea why this happen?

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Normally when Hexxat "dies" she just goes into the coffin in the bag of holding for 8 hours if you picked it up. Did you get Dragomir's Retreat?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited September 2017
    There are some things I noticed Hexxat can die from (illithids, death spells) that do not trigger her regeneration script so she will never come back on her own. Casting Resurrection or Raise Dead or similar on her in these cases can actually give the script a kick and allow her to start regenerating and come back.
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    which hexxat? The one from the inn?
  • LordSithLordSith Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2017
    lf2112, yes I have it.

Do you mean that I have no other choice than to wait the 8 hours (or rest , i don't know which one since I really only use her from the yaga shura part of the story so with wish and resurrection in memory, I almost never really rest anymore)?

I would not want to rest so I used a resurrection spell instead.

What is bugging me is that sometimes resurrecting her with a spell succeeds, some times no.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I never tried that when I took Hexxat, if she died then I either rested soon afterwards or used Ctl-T a few times to advance the clock. Since she is undead I wouldn't expect resurrection to work at all really, but I am thinking from my PnP days. :)
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    yeah really resurrection shouldn't work on her at all
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think the fact that resurrection does work on her in some cases is actually a bug. It seems the devs didn't take certain types of deaths (mainly insta-kills) into account when making the scripts for Hexxat. I have reported this issue on redmine so I hope that they will fix this.
  • galahad1313galahad1313 Member Posts: 34
    Is there a console code to bring Hexxat back? She died by ilithid and never went gaseous and I couldn't res her so i tried the suggestion of booting her out of the party hoping that would reset her but after spending a week at the copper coronet, she hasn't come back and so i decided to move on and tried to go get jan but now Jan won't even talk to me at all(related???) or am i forgetting the proper jan trigger