Skip to content

Jaheira Romance Eternal Loop

Hello, finally trying to make it through BG II EE for the first time, but I've encountered a game-stopping bug. A Jaheira romance dialogue triggers over and over again, every 5 seconds, no matter how I resolve it, with the only solution being to boot her from the party permanently, which I would rather not. The dialogue starts with "I...this may be a bad time or not, but you asked a question of me.." etc.

I searched Google and these forums for a solution and while there was a Jaheira romance loop bug reported in the past, it was for a different dialogue, so I don't imagine inputting the same solution will work, even if I were to download the save game editor as requested.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    It may be a good idea to post your savegame.
    I suspect that the loop comes from another trigger, i.e. a line in the script attempts to trigger a different dialogue (not found for some reason) and it finds the romance line but doesn't advance the trigger.
    If it is a modded game, the weidu.log would be helpful as well.
  • CragspyderCragspyder Member Posts: 28
    Fully exiting the game and reloading seems to have stopped the dialogue from happening entirely. This may have broken the entire romance, but since I don't care about it, I would ask that you please disregard this post and thank you for your help. I will post again if it recurs with my save game.