Skip to content

What version of BG:EE do I need to play SoD?

I bought BG:EE on macOS AppStore a while ago, and the most recent version of the game available from there is still 1.32. Will I be able to play SoD on 1.32? Or do I need to get a more recent version of BG:EE elsewhere? Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hello, @MrVitti2!

First of all, we're sorry that there's still no updates on macOS AppStore - we're working in that direction.

You need to buy SoD in the same store you bought BG:EE from, because it's an expansion and not a separate product.

As there's still no SoD on macOS AppStore, to be able to play it you have to either wait for it to appear in that store (no ETA), or buy BG:EE (and SoD) in another store. You can buy BG:EE and SoD for Mac from the Beamdog store, https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition and https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear
  • MrVitti2MrVitti2 Member Posts: 9
    Gotcha. Thanks for the prompt reply!
    Okay, but here's another question. Say, I were to buy the most recent version of the BG:EE+SoD combo. Would I be able to export my party from BG:EE v1.32 into it?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    MrVitti2 said:

Okay, but here's another question. Say, I were to buy the most recent version of the BG:EE+SoD combo. Would I be able to export my party from BG:EE v1.32 into it?

Yes, you can continue with your 1.3 saves into 2.x.
    Excellent! Thanks again!
    @JuliusBorisov
    So, after finishing the BG:EE v1.3, I bought the BG:EE+SoD+BG2:EE bundle off the Steam Store. I see the "Import Game" menu option there as I go into the SoD extension, but my exports from 1.3 dont immediately show up there. What am I missing?
    To expand on this. I'm reasonably technically savvy. So, if there's a save file that could be copied from the BG:EE1.3 folder to the relevant Steam folder destination, I can do it. Just go full on technical on me if there's a solution, I'll figure it out.
    Just load your save from 1.3 in BG:EE 2.3 and then continue to SoD.
    Alright, I figured it out and will document it here in case someone else is looking for this info.

BG:EE v1.3 final save file is in /Users/$USER/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/*-Final-Save

This file needs to be copied to /Users/$USER/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save

and then v2.3 will be able to see it.