Skip to content

Spells, spells, everywhere spells...But I can't find some!

Hi. So my Fighter/Mage/Thief has some open spell slots in her book in the 7th and 8th level spells, but I don't know what spells are that level and she can never seem to learn any spells I buy or come across. Does anyone have a link to a list of spells by level?
Also, there seem to be spells I find that aren't in any of my magic users books, but can't be learned. Why is that?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    It could be that you have learned the maximum number of spells for that level per your intelligence score. Try unlearning one spell and see if it is possible to learn a new one.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    You might also be looking at clerical scrolls rather than arcane ones. You can see a full list of spells and details of what each one does in the Adventurers Guide:
    https://cdn.baldursgate.com/files/AdventurersGuide.pdf
  • vaderxlvaderxl Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue with an illusionist/thief. There's empty slots for spells, but no spells in the book. I thought when a spell scroll had a green glow, it meant it was able to be saved to your book?
    My mage has no issue. She has a huge book of spells and the scrolls never glow green for her.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @vaderxl When you try to scribe a spell from a scroll into your spellbook, there's a chance that the spell is not scribed, depending on your character's INT and the mage school.
  • vaderxlvaderxl Member Posts: 2
    @JuliusBorisov How do I scribe a spell on a Mac? Thats the issue. thx
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Is your Intelligence 13 or less?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It doesn't matter, Mac or other OS. In-game, you right-click a scroll and choose a Scribe tab.