Skip to content

Please Help BG:EE. Ducal palace, I have invitation but guards attack inside

jdragon78jdragon78 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
Please help, what am I doing wrong? I'm in chapter 7 and have an invitation taken off of Krysti and Sythe. Bill lets me In the ducal palace with invitation but once inside Im immediately attacked by the flaming fist. With the melee of the fight starting after the discussion amongst nobles there's no way not to kill the flaming fist guards and I lose 10 reputation :( from reading walk-throughs it seems like they shouldn't be attacking me if I have the invite . Is this a bug or did I miss doing some important task ??

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Please attach a save. They should not be attacking you like that.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2017
    When you enter, one of the guards inside asks you again for the invitation again. Only if you give the wrong answer or you attack one of the Fists, they should turn hostile.
    What is your rep before entering?
    Do you have mods installed?
  • jdragon78jdragon78 Member Posts: 3
    @PaulaMigrate The flaming fist does not question me, they just immediately attack . My reputation is at 20 . This is why I am confused from what I'm reading they should speak to me first ... this is my first Playthru so I'm wondering if I missed some important task or something .
  • jdragon78jdragon78 Member Posts: 3
    @elminster I apologize for my ignorance as this is my first Playthru of this game ( I'm on an iPad ) how do I attach a save ?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    jdragon78 said:

@PaulaMigrate The flaming fist does not question me, they just immediately attack . My reputation is at 20 . This is why I am confused from what I'm reading they should speak to me first ... this is my first Playthru so I'm wondering if I missed some important task or something .

Does not sound like you missed something but rather like some bug.

Here is a how to:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65226/how-to-attach-a-save-game-using-the-forums-built-in-feature
  • guitarbardguitarbard Member Posts: 6
    I'm having this same problem now! After I saved Duke Eltan and brought him to the Harbor Master, all the FFs are attacking me on sight and there's no guard to present and invitation to at the Ducal Palace. :(