Skip to content

Interjection Crashes and Missing NPCs.

GoggleplexGoggleplex Member Posts: 3
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hello!

Having bought the EE edition about two days ago, I must say the improvements really are quite good at adding some polish to the original version. Trouble is the sheer amount of freeze/crash that seems to be my lot-I currently have the NPC Project installed and have uninstalled REncounters and Gavin, debug enabled. Two main issues (most likely the result of said mods?) have cropped up:

1) Freeze and crash on certain interjections by characters when NPCs natter. While I have established a rough workaround it has turned into a lurking monster ready to 'ping' into action-the best I can do is identify when it happens and skirt round it.

2) Certain NPCS like Husam (spelling?) being completely absent from the game and actions like butchering the gruesome couple in the Undercellars not being picked up on by the quest giver-well, one of two should I commit the deed prior to the quest being filed.

There are other lesser annoyances like odd battle switcheroo to lovers talk and enforced rest time from NPCs and (no objective) headliners on finished quests. That I can tolerate. Steeling myself for yet another 'game crashes, white screen bud' whenever I speak to an NPC is a rather unequal price for some lively chatter from the group.
Any ideas?

Addendum- uninstalling the components still leads to crashing on the first NPC initiated dialogue on chapter 1 after pairing up with Imoen. Will test using clean save and try uninstall/reinstall.
Post edited by Goggleplex on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Can you please check if you have those problems without any mods installed, thank you! Also, if you have them, could you please give more details?
  • GoggleplexGoggleplex Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, my initial post was more rant than report-after uninstalling the mods the problems persisted so I did a clean reinstall which so far has proved to massively improve matters. Prior to a full delete/install anytime (presumably) a banter flag was expected there would be a chance the game would either force exit the dialogue or lock up.

So far only one incident now I've reinstalled the base game-the curiously pacifist bandits. Chapter 1 on Coast Way (ogre & bandit encounter). After a brief chit-chat with the bandit leader, only she turns hostile.

Perhaps they realised the futility of attacking a party who can effectively rewind time infinitely to accomplish eventual victory? ;p