Skip to content

Unable to Save

IthoItho Member Posts: 2
Hi, the game recently broke for me. My last save file was at Dragonspear Castle Basement and everything was okay until I had to do a hard reset of my computer while the game was running. When I relaunched the game, the save function was no longer writing to the save folder - specifically, quick save did nothing, while a manual save created a folder, but with no files in it.

I tried reinstalling the game, starting a new game, renaming the save folder so the game could create a new one (which it did, but still resulted in no files in the folder) but nothing worked.

Does anyone have a fix on this, please?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I would first make sure that the save folder is not set to read only.
  • IthoItho Member Posts: 2
    @Tresset Thanks, that advice actually made me aware that Windows 10 has this issue of setting everything to read only, and for me to try all fixes, to no avail. Eventually, I realized that the culprit was my Bitdefender Antivirus - who for some reason blocked writing privileges on BGEE.

I hope this helps anyone else facing the same issue.
  • petepete Member Posts: 1
    Where would I find the save folder so I can change it from read only
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2017
    It is on C:\Users\your username\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhance Edition\save.

(The "Users" and "Documents" folders may have other names if you're running a non-English version of Windows.)