Skip to content

Is Trial of the Luremaster available on iOS?

I found a few posts with people talking about playing TOTL on iPad. On the Beamdog site, it says it's included in the Enhanced Edition. However, when I launch the IWD:EE app it just shows IWD and Heart of Winter. Is Trials of the Luremaster available on iOS? If so, how is it accessed?

Comments

• Sneeky17Sneeky17 Member Posts: 9
    Nevermind. I did some research and discovered it is activated through a quest in Lonelywood during Heart of Winter expansion. I'm going to follow the advice I'm finding online:

1. Activating HoW after collecting all 6 badges in Dorn's Deep
    2. Declining offer to travel to "Sea of Moving Ice" and start TOTL
    3. Beat TOTL and HoW
    4. Return to IWD and complete the game
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    have in mind that ToTL is harder than the rest of HoW. so if you want a smooth difficulty curve, you should likewise delay ToTL until about the last third of HoW
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Seeing this reminds me I have a party in the middle of the trials right now.... I got sidetracked from it with a new Baldur's Gate character. :P
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Sneeky17 said:

Nevermind. I did some research and discovered it is activated through a quest in Lonelywood during Heart of Winter expansion. I'm going to follow the advice I'm finding online:

1. Activating HoW after collecting all 6 badges in Dorn's Deep
    2. Declining offer to travel to "Sea of Moving Ice" and start TOTL
    3. Beat TOTL and HoW
    4. Return to IWD and complete the game

Personally I feel that HoW's story is more of a "sequel" to IWD, but I'm sure that's arguable.
    I did it like this:

1) Finish IWD.
    2) Export characters into HoW.
    3) Play HoW until it's almost finished, start TotL.
    4) Complete TotL.
    5) Finish HoW.

I also think that, if you do HoW and TotL before you finish IWD then the last part of IWD will probably be easier than expected due to you having more experience and better equipment, which might ruin your experience.
  • Sneeky17Sneeky17 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2017
    I am following a video guide walkthrough on Sorcerer's Place. In the walkthrough, he completes IWD, imports into HoW, completes TotL and then completes HoW. I still need to research the import process. One thing he notes is that gold is not imported so he saves all his junk to sell in HoW. What comes over with the import to HoW affter completing IWD? Do you keep all levels, experience, and equipment?