Skip to content

So Sanctuary does weird things after Candlekeep

So I'm going through with a single character (no party), that has cleric spells. Been finding 'Sanctuary' to be particularly useful when I want to get away from a fight without an issue, and I came upon a weird/amusing interaction.

After the re-visit to Candlekeep, I thought to myself, "Getting stabbed by the Flaming Fist is painful... Let's not do that." So I cast it on myself the moment I got into the city.

Here's where it got weird. The Flaming Fist are patrolling around for me, but they don't approach me, almost like I have an Invisibility spell on me. What's even weirder (I was at the Sorcerer's Sundries Map), the Harper -does- approach me, and initiates conversation near one of the Fist's who is ignoring my existence.

After the conversation wears off, so too does my Sanctuary, and the Fist starts bolting in my direction to initiate that fateful convo to make the Fists hate my guts. I quickly throw back up Sanctuary to see if it'll fool him.... and he then proceeds to walk up to me...and then saunters off like he's forgotten what he's supposed to be doing.

I just found it rather amusing that Sanctuary has such a bizarre quirk in character behavior. Was curious if anyone else has run into unusual interactions like this one.

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    All of this would also happen with invisibility, because some scripts ignore it--plot characters will often see through it and approach you. This behavior is due to NPC scripts, not Sanctuary.

The only difference between Sanctuary and invisibility is that picking locks and opening containers won't break the former. And I believe True Seeing won't reveal Sanctuary.