Skip to content

Skald song does not protect from Fear

xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
I've attempted to EEKeeper Garrick to a Skald by adding the kit in Characteristics, and add the innate under the Innate tab. There are several Bard Songs which can be added under Add Spell, and I need know which is appropriate. Currently, when Garrick sings, the party receives only +1 THAC0 bonus, and when a mage casts fear, party members normally fail the save, even though the Skald song is active and characters are in range. This shows Garrick is still coded as an unkitted bard, and Skald kit did not fully apply in EEKeeper. Any help/suggestions?

BGEE Skald description shows +2 Hit/Damage/AC bonus and protection from fear at level 1.
Post edited by xscott71x on

Comments

• malachi151malachi151 Member Posts: 152
    edited October 2017
    Correct, the low level Skald song is not supposed to protect from Fear. You don't get a song that both protects from Fear and gives an attack bonus until higher level, and of course the HLA.

Who cares about fear? With a SKald and 2 or 3 archers (Coran and Kivan) nothing will live long enough to cast fear....
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think the Skald song is supposed to protect from fear, just the kitless bard song does. The Skald is more about offensive buffing than defensive. I usually play a Blade though so it is possible I'm wrong.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited October 2017
    Yes, you need an unkitted bard or a blade if you want to have an anti-Fear song.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/759454/#Comment_759454

On the first level, a Skald's song doesn't provide the anti-Fear effect:

• xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63

Correct, the low level Skald song is not supposed to protect from Fear. You don't get a song that both protects from Fear and gives an attack bonus until higher level, and of course the HLA.

Who cares about fear? With a SKald and 2 or 3 archers (Coran and Kivan) nothing will live long enough to cast fear....

My greater concern isn't the failed immunity to Fear, it's the THAC0/damage/AC bonus I'm not getting.
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    I have a different version (v2.3.67.3) and it shows immune to fear. I wish I could screen cap, but it keeps coming up a black screen :- /
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @xscott71x That is 2.3.67.3 (on my screenshot) and it shouldn't show immune to fear. This is without SoD:

I think the problem here is that you have attempted to EEKeeper Garrick to a Skald. As written on Reddit, to do it the right way you should set Garrick to level 0/0/0, 0 XP, class: bard, kit: skald, then level him in game.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    Just to follow up on @JuliusBorisov's advice - when you make changes to a class those changes don't always become active until you level up. If you haven't already tried it then just give your character some XP in the game and level up to see if that helps.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Do you have Rogue Rebalancing installed, by any chance? That would explain your class description granting immunity to fear. I'm not sure how well eekeeper works with modded kits, so that might be a problem too.