Skip to content

IWD bard song in BGEE - prevent stacking effect

ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
I'm currently playing an unkitted bard in BG2EE, but with the songs from IWD through IWDification. In SoD, there's this wonderful Bard Hat that let songs linger for two rounds after having stopped singing. The problem is, I couldn't really use it, because the effects from the songs were stacking, rendering the songs much, much too powerful. But I've seen that the hat is imported in BG2EE, and I'd like to use it. So, I need some help to prevent the stacking effect of the bard songs from IWDification. I know bits here and there about modding, but I'm far from being good at it.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with opcode (321) Removal: Effects specified by Resource that I have to add in the spell ability. I tried to emulate it from the unmodded bard song (which obviously doesn't stack with the Bard Hat). However, I only had mitigate success by doing so. If I let the timing mode to Instant/Limited - by default when I copy/paste the opcode from the vanilla song - the effects are erased as soon as they appear. If I set the Timing mode to Delay/Limited, the effects don't stack, but never wear off unless I go to sleep. I'm a bit lost here after having tried quite a few different parameters. Am I working in the right direction ?

Any help would be welcome ! :)

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Arctodus said:

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with opcode (321) Removal: Effects specified by Resource that I have to add in the spell ability. I tried to emulate it from the unmodded bard song (which obviously doesn't stack with the Bard Hat). However, I only had mitigate success by doing so. If I let the timing mode to Instant/Limited - by default when I copy/paste the opcode from the vanilla song - the effects are erased as soon as they appear. If I set the Timing mode to Delay/Limited, the effects don't stack, but never wear off unless I go to sleep. I'm a bit lost here after having tried quite a few different parameters. Am I working in the right direction ?

Any help would be welcome ! :)

It always needs to be the first effect for stacking prevention.
    Timing Mode should be either Instant/Limited(0) with 0 duration, or Instant/Permanent(1).
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Yeeep, that was simply that. The duration was at 1, not 0. Works like a charm now. Many thanks to you !