Skip to content

After Completing BG1 game does not continue to BG2.

So a couple days ago I completed BG1 and after the credits it just took me back to the BG1 Game Menu. I looked in BG2’s Import Saved Game and it’s not in there. I’ve completed BG1 before and it continued fine, but this was before the new update. Any ideas or suggestions? I’ve been looking at other forums and haven’t found anything. I Play on an IPhone 6+ with the most recently updated IOS and completed updated versions of BG1 & BG2. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited October 2017
    Hi @Polybius
    You will need to export the game from BG:EE via a longtap on quicksave and then import it to BGII:EE. The export pop-up should give options like email, dropbox and so on. For example: I'd usually send an email to myself, open the attachment, and select open with BGII:EE.
    How to Export

n.b. if BGII:EE crashes after importing the save, you could try dropping any items that will not carry over before doing the export (i.e. keep any familiar, helm of Balduran, golden pantaloons but drop missiles, spells, containers, and so on). Reported as https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33113
  • PolybiusPolybius Member Posts: 3
    @Gate70,

Thank you. That works, and I’ve been able to transfer my last quick save before the battle with Savorak. I still can’t seem to transfer the Final save after Savorak is defeated and the XP rewarded.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    If you can pause that save on load, you could try a quicksave. It may not be possible to pause quickly enough though.
  • PolybiusPolybius Member Posts: 3
    Saving my game in BG1 then Importing to BG2 only allows me to transfer my character. It doesn’t allow me my NPC party members to follow with the changes I’ve made as they level. Thanks for the suggestions @Gate70.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Polybius said:

Saving my game in BG1 then Importing to BG2 only allows me to transfer my character. It doesn’t allow me my NPC party members to follow with the changes I’ve made as they level. Thanks for the suggestions @Gate70.

That's because they don't transfer. Only your charname will continue to BG2.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    If you want NPCs to transfer you'll need to install the EET mod to allow BG1 and BG2 to be played as a single game.