Skip to content

Questions about magic resistance

2»

Comments

• histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    Btw is there way to modify Carsomyr or etc. to not reset MR when equipped, but add to existing?
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

Btw is there way to modify Carsomyr or etc. to not reset MR when equipped, but add to existing?

Yes but you'd need to use something like near infinity to edit the item, there is an option to change MR to work "properly".

Fire it up, select ITM in the left hand column and select SW2h10.itm in the list of items, go to Edit Tab, dbl click on Effect 4 near the bottom of the list (magic resistance bonus), select Modifier type and you'll see it's preset to Set(1), change that to Increment(0) and hit update value. When it pops you back to the Edit page hit Save to overwrite and you should be sorted.
    histamiini
    Borek said:

Yes but you'd need to use something like near infinity to edit the item, there is an option to change MR to work "properly".

Fire it up, select ITM in the left hand column and select SW2h10.itm in the list of items, go to Edit Tab, dbl click on Effect 4 near the bottom of the list (magic resistance bonus), select Modifier type and you'll see it's preset to Set(1), change that to Increment(0) and hit update value. When it pops you back to the Edit page hit Save to overwrite and you should be sorted.
    Thanks it worked, although it was Effect 5 for me?

dbl checked and it's effect 4 for mine lol, maybe different version and/or OS changes the fields for some items, but main thing is it works :smiley:
    histamiini
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524

List of Magic Resistance items I found:

[cut]

I think you missed the Mana Bow which gives 20%
    Borek
    edited November 2017

List of Magic Resistance items I found:

[cut]

I think you missed the Mana Bow which gives 20%
    That has Magic Damage Resistance.
    AndreaColombo
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited November 2017
    Hope this is not off-topic, but I am curious if it's possible that a character can get to have negative MR, like with a Lower Resistance cast on a character with no magic resistance, and if so what might be the consequences? I once had Firkraag cast some Lower Fire Resistance spells on some of my characters, and his fireballs did multiple times the original damage on them, while others got only the base damage. Wonder if anything like that happens with negative MR.

Hope this is not off-topic, but I am curious if it's possible that a character can get to have negative MR, like with a Lower Resistance cast on a character with no magic resistance, and if so what might be the consequences? I once had Firkraag cast some Lower Fire Resistance spells on some of my characters, and his fireballs did multiple times the original damage on them, while others got only the base damage. Wonder if anything like that happens with negative MR.

Magic Resistance is just a check whether a spell works or not, so going into negatives doesn't have any additional effect.
    tbone1Rik_Kirtaniya