Skip to content

Couldn't find the Wild mages at the Hidden refuge after rescuing them!

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
edited November 2017 in Troubleshooting
I've just finished the Wild Mages Rescue quest without Neera in my party. I defeated Lanneth, rescued all of the wild mages, and went to the Hidden refuge. But, no one was there except Neera, Wilson and a few squirrels and cats. I don't know what's happening! I've provided a save file for inspection. Please help... (I want "the Brick" soon).
Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try adding Neera to the party.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited November 2017
    @Gate70 Is it not possible for the quest to progress without having Neera in my party? Actually, I had her in my party till she killed the Bouncer in front of the Enclave, and then I went and got Keldorn in, since he'd be more useful in the ensuing fights, and sent Neera back to the Hidden refuge. I think somehow the quest is broken. At least Telana should've been waiting at the Hidden refuge.

I've a save game done after defeating Lanneth and before disabling the electric trap. I think I'll try playing from that point once again, but please, do consider looking into the matter, if this is indeed some bug.
    :D:D:D Just look at this! How absolutely absurd and amazing this is!

@Gate70 You were absolutely right! Just as I added Neera, the wild mages started popping up on the screen! As if they materialized out of thin air! It seems a questwise compulsory dialog between Neera and Telana prevented the whole group from appearing. But really, I think this ought to be fixed. It's not that I don't like Neera, but I already have 3 arcanists in my party, and I wanted to have Keldorn to wipe out those nasty Red Wizards.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    A similar thing happened in a recent game for me @Rik_Kirtaniya , but I kept Neera during her quests and through to completion. Then I dumped her and she went back to the enclave, but when I visited she was standing around by herself. I had her rejoin and viola, all the wild mages reappeared. I then de-joined her and they are now all there together.
    @Aerakar You know what, there should be some alternative dialog that would take place in between CHARNAME and Telana, in place of the one taking place between Neera and Telana, just in case one needs to play without Neera in party.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Report it on Redmine so it can be properly investigated as to intent. In your case, adding Neera back allows the quest to complete, however if Neera had been chunked that would not be possible.

I agree current behaviour (no mages, all suddenly appear if Neera is added to the party) looks clunky and strange. They could be present and have the same, or a different, quest ending for example.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Thanks @Gate70 . @Rik_Kirtaniya , will you post on redmine or would you prefer I post?
    Aerakar said:

Thanks @Gate70 . @Rik_Kirtaniya , will you post on redmine or would you prefer I post?

@Aerakar, I shall be grateful if you post it. Thanks a lot for offering to do so. :)
    [Actually, I'm quite busy with my school projects, and filing a bug is a tedious job.]