Skip to content

No Allies in Ch 6 to Face Bhodi

So besides stumbling into Drizzt, I can't get any allies to face Bhodi. Prelate Wesselan has a single possible response, and Aran Linvail won't even talk to me. My guess is that there's some global variable bugged somewhere--anyone else have this problem/insight into solving it?

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    Did Drizzt agree to help? I seem to remember that at least in one version of BG 2 you could only get one group to help you, don't remember if it was the first or the last you asked.
  • MbandoMbando Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for responding Ammar. I went back and restarted Ch 6, and this time said "No" to Drizzt, and I still can't get the Radiant Heart or Shadow Theives to talk to me.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Do you have any of the corresponding strongholds? Drizzt is the default.
    Thanks for responding as well Paula. I do have the Ranger stronghold. Is that the mechanism--you et allies based on your stronghold?
    edited November 2017
    For Aran you need the thief stronghold.
    For Prelate you need to be at least paladin, not sure if you need stronghold as well, I never play paladins.
    Even Drizzt will not help an evil PC. In EET he will also recognise if you attacked him in BG1 for his items.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Err... No? Strongholds have nothing to do with it. You may have had to do the quests, though: infiltrating Mae'var's guild and I believe the Fallen Paladin questline. If both are complete, I think you should be able to recruit them. Unless you sided with Bodhi before, obviously. Sorcerer's Place seems to imply that you don't even need to do those quests, so I dunno what's going on in your install.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Neverused said:

Err... No? Strongholds have nothing to do with it. You may have had to do the quests, though: infiltrating Mae'var's guild and I believe the Fallen Paladin questline. If both are complete, I think you should be able to recruit them. Unless you sided with Bodhi before, obviously. Sorcerer's Place seems to imply that you don't even need to do those quests, so I dunno what's going on in your install.

You may be right. I have a truckload of mods installed, some may have made changes here - it however feels quite appropriate to work like this.
    I've got the straight, un-modified BG2:EE game, and I completed both the Fallen Paladin quest for the Radiant Order, and I sided with and followed through all the Shadow Theif guild quests. The fact that I can't interact with Aran makes me think there's a global variable not set right. I also used the CLUA console to force-spawn Squire Cathras, and while he's all like "Oh heavens vampires the Prelate must be told let's go," the Prelate just says hi and I have only a "Nothing else to discuss" dialogue option. I'm just going to go in with Drizzt and wreck these foo's.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297

Neverused said:

You may be right. I have a truckload of mods installed, some may have made changes here - it however feels quite appropriate to work like this.
    Not really? Aran probably wants Bodhi gone more then you. It is his Interest to help. As for the Radiant Heart, killing evil things is part of their job. No real reason Why the stronghold would be a logical requirement.

Now if we were talking about the Cowled Wizards or the Sigil Theater Group as allies....