Skip to content

Aerie Romance confusion

So I've been playing a modded game with romance restrictions taken off, including multiple romances, and Aerie has constantly been flirting with my character ever since installing that mod. I just sort of let it keep going because all the other options were super mean, but just now after resting with my party, she talked about having watched me sleep and mentions me having refused to sleep with her....? But I don't recall her ever asking in the first place, and now she dropped the L word and I'm super confused.

Did I somehow miss a dialogue? I would have turned her down regardless, but still....she said something about "I want our first time to be special" and I would've liked to use that time to be clear that there wouldn't /be/ a first time...

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Thats the thing about romances in BG2. You basically HAVE to be a jerk to break it off through dialogue, since the default state for a compatible npc is "fall in love if they don't actively screw up". The easiest way to break it off is to kick the npc out of the party (this kills the romance) and then you can immediately invite them back.
    thar_thaazdhen
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Yeah, she should have that dialogue just before you rested.

Still, I kind of like this dark turn of the romance. With Aerie suddenly being all stalker-ish - watching you sleep and talking about love while Charname freaks out because "I was just being nice, dammit!". I've always had a feeling that Aerie is more messed up than she seems.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @JoenSo " I've always had a feeling that Aerie is more messed up than she seems. "

Oh she certainly is. Remember that according to her lifespan, she is effectively a teenager. She captured, sold into slavery, forced to live in poor conditions, had two major limbs atrophy from disuse and got infected, almost dies from said infection, then had an impromptu amputation without the aid of healing magic. She is TRAUMATIZED. It's no wonder how dependant she is all through SoA.
    Dev6sunset00
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I'm pretty sure anyone would be messed up by what Aerie has been through.
    ThacoBellsunset00
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    And that's why I like the thought of Aerie's romance being darker and weirder than it actually is.