Skip to content

Who's excited?!

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    GoG NWN doesn't "work perfectly out the box" for a lot of people, including me. Not by a long shot. On my past three computers, including this one, it is plagued by crashes, especially in user-created mods, and attempting to play in any widescreen resolution causes blank screen.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    It soitenly tain't de case for OS X. (Don't know why I channeled Bugs Bunny there.) I have an old G4 iMac that I keep around to play NWN and believe me, the EE is such a great option that even two teenagers looked up from their phones to talk to other humans about it.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Yeah, it doesn't work perfectly out of the box for me, either. No crashes so far but higher resolutions don't work well on my pc.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I just played Castle Defense with some random person in NWN:EE. I haven't played that module in nearly 7 years but its exactly the way I remember it. :relaxed:
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    My wife wasn’t excited until I reminded her of the Shaowlands/Demon saga.
  • deserkdeserk Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2017
    I've been waiting for this forever. I cherish NWN1 & 2 far more than BG/IWD (which I love as well). But I really hope for some more substantial improvements for this game compared to what they've shown us. If they can't give us any graphical upgrades or a new campaign, at the very least give us some new feats and classes. There needs to be a bit more done a bit here to earn the purchases, beyond just fixing minor bugs and issues with running it on newer PCs.

I hope also they will bring in the auto-downloader for NWN1 that NWN2 currently has. That would be absolutely great and ideal for logging into PWs without the headache of searching for the needed haks on the internet.
  • LariamLariam Member Posts: 1
    I am. Looking forward to giving the official campaigns a new whirl, as well as to playing a bunch of user-made modules. I never played Darkness of Daggerford back in the days, or finished Saleron's Gambit or Alazander's series, for instance. I've yet to try Fester Pot's modules. Swordflight seems really promising (from what I've read), and so on. I won't have as much time for this as I once (thought I) did! Still, this all seems very cool.

I wonder if there should be a section dedicated to the modules in these forums, by the way. Assuming, of course, that there's going to be a lot of folks building/playing 'em. It was a useful subsection in the old Bioware forums, I seem to recall.
  • Optimist4914Optimist4914 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking forward to more people jumping on the NWN bandwagon again - hopefully a lot of the old PW's will come back online. Kudo's for the ones still running - but the player base has dwindled. Hopefully this kickstarts a comeback...!!
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Another vote for excited!
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, really looking forward to this myself. NWN is probably one of my all-time favourite games. There aren't any others in my library that I still play after 15 years - but this one is just one of those games that will never die for me.

It's a great shame we never got NWN 3. All we got instead was the MMO and the underdeveloped SCL.

Divinity Original Sin 2 came very close for me to being the "NWN sequel we never got". If you can forgo the obvious non-D&D-ness of it, of course.

Anyway, here's to another 15 years of NWN (and hopefully, beyond)!
  • TawmisTawmis Member Posts: 120
    I'm digging this... huge fan of NWN... the toolset is beyond amazing... And the fact that they will have a dedicated server back up again? Awesome news! Backwards compatible? Awesome news!

(I always wondered why there was never a "Star Wars" version of NWN... can you imagine creating a Star Wars world, with quests, and players could log in? Seems like it'd be easy money...)
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Tawmis said:

(I always wondered why there was never a "Star Wars" version of NWN... can you imagine creating a Star Wars world, with quests, and players could log in? Seems like it'd be easy money...)

Esp. since the Odyssey Engine (used for KOTOR) was based on the Aurora Engine.

I actually got into an argument about this once way back in 2003 or so. Dude was convinced I couldn't be right about KOTOR's engine being based on the NWN engine.
  • TawmisTawmis Member Posts: 120

Tawmis said:

Esp. since the Odyssey Engine (used for KOTOR) was based on the Aurora Engine.

I actually got into an argument about this once way back in 2003 or so. Dude was convinced I couldn't be right about KOTOR's engine being based on the NWN engine.
    Probably because the KOTOR models looked nicer/well defined than the NWN models.