Skip to content

Who's excited?!

It maybe the nostalgia speaking, but the more I think about this, the more excited I am for it.

I can't wait to attempt to make a mod again. (Just have to find the time.)
AerakarCameronToferronaldo[Deleted User]IllustairJimbobslimbobKenji

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2017
    You mean NWN EE ?
    I don't really know what to expect, I mean, it would have to be *really* enhanced to appear better than the vanilla version, I guess.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    I cant wait!!!!! Played this when it was released wayyy back in 2006 i think....i hope on the stream they answer a few questions i have...how many classes are they including at release?? This game had 2 expansions i believe that introduced new classes and races including prestiege classes.can we make new modules and post them on the site? When is it being released ??? So many questions so little time....
    tbone1
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I'm excited. At first I was indifferent, but then I realized a lot of the reason I didn't like NWN is it is best as a multiplayer game and I had nobody to play it with. I imagine this will make for a stronger community, plus it sounds like they'll be fixing the server problems. Vanilla was a real pain when it came to joining online games.
    tbone1Illustair
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited November 2017
    I think i still have a bunch of mods saved in a folder on my G4 iMac (the lampshade model). If they still work, which I believe the will based on the bumph, we have solved Christmas shopping at our house.
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    I woke up and saw this news on rpgwatch and got a same joyful feeling as, now many years ago, I read about BG EE!

I so much love NWN! Since I first saw a promo video that was shown (I think) after successful installation of Icewind Dale CDROM.

I hope this will come soon and I will surely replay it.
    BelgarathMTHAerakarIllustair
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    Talk about a bombshell lol. I was half expecting a reveal of Icewind Dale II:EE(which I still want...lol)!

Now if I could only reach a few of those old PWs and see if they can boot up again haha
    Illustair
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Talk about a bombshell lol. I was half expecting a reveal of Icewind Dale II:EE(which I still want...lol)!

Now if I could only reach a few of those old PWs and see if they can boot up again haha

With backwards comp, I think a lot of them might jump on board. There are still a few active ones.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I'm excited.

I have dozens of gigs of modules saved on my hard drive. I look forward to playing them in the EE.
    Illustair
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I totally was not expecting this! even though I already got NWN on gog.com, I am intrigued to see what is different about the Enhanced Edition.
    BelgarathMTHtbone1
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    What'll be different for me: The camera will work properly and my character won't have an invisible body.

Big improvements.
  • wilshadewilshade Member Posts: 7
    For those of us who have played in the same persistent world for years, this is a glorious day. Just to be able to play and have it supported is all I really want. Whatever enhancements are made, is just icing on the cake.
    BelgarathMTHdeltagoFlashburnromasaru
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I'm more hyped for this than BG1EE, BG2EE, and IWDEE combined!
    CvijetaIllustair
  • PekarionPekarion Member Posts: 6
    *raises hand*
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    ME, ME, ME, ME!
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Kind of... depends if the multiplayer online aspect is taken care of well and the community is revived...
  • duckforceoneduckforceone Member Posts: 2
    Soo excited... going to be perfect timing for me starting a twitch stream with DnD
    deltago
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I can now play this on Intel Mac OS X. So yes, I’d say “happy” is a good description.
    CvijetaBradge
  • clansunstarclansunstar Member Posts: 33
    I believe this could be one of the best things to happen to this game.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Are you kidding me!? This game is one of my all time favourites
    Sylvius_the_Mad
  • XP_KnightXP_Knight Member Posts: 1
    I'm excited preordered this so fast
  • IronChefGermanyIronChefGermany Member Posts: 1
    It took all of ten minutes watching the stream this morning for me to purchase the Digital Deluxe version that Beamdog is offering. Hearing them talk about all of the things that are possible, and remembering the countless hours I sank into the original game, I couldn't help but snatch it up as soon as I saw it was available. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the Enhanced Edition to see what else can change up to further improve the game.
    romasaru
  • FutabotFutabot Member Posts: 12
    I didn't think this day would come but here it is.
    Illustair
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Who's excited?

I'm excited. Woo!
    Illustair
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Wohoo! Super excited! =D

I have never played NWN, so I am really looking forward to it =]
    I have put original on wishlist on GoG due to Beamdog's influence, but luckily I didn't buy it yet =P I think I might do my first Beamdog pre-order ^_^
    Baratan
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    thrudd said:

I cant wait!!!!! Played this when it was released wayyy back in 2006 i think....i hope on the stream they answer a few questions i have...how many classes are they including at release?? This game had 2 expansions i believe that introduced new classes and races including prestiege classes.can we make new modules and post them on the site? When is it being released ??? So many questions so little time....

preorder is available now, headstart beta for community devs and designer, all expansions and premium mods are included. community devs are on the team taking the platform farther

• AKMattAKMatt Member Posts: 8
    To the max, can’t wait to get back to NWN!
    Illustair
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    edited November 2017
    wilshade said:

For those of us who have played in the same persistent world for years, this is a glorious day. Just to be able to play and have it supported is all I really want. Whatever enhancements are made, is just icing on the cake.

@wilshade I recognize your username. Did you play on Glorwing?
  • HeadClotHeadClot Member Posts: 10
    I know I am excited :D
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I suppose on the one hand this will create a new sense of discovery of the almost bottomless well of modules. As for the game itself......the fact is that Neverwinter Nights really doesn't need an Enhanced Edition, certainly not in the way the Infinity Engine games did. I mean, the GOG version works out of the box pretty much perfectly. Will it probably be worth it for the resolution and graphics options?? Yeah, most likely. But this seems like something that is only entirely necessary if you are very much into the module scene or persistent worlds. If you just want to play the campaign, this isn't really a necessary purchase.