Skip to content

NWN:EE Head Start access not working

Hi all - very excited to see NWN getting some attention. I bought the preview on the Beamdog site and installed the client, but when I go to play, it says the executable was not found. Looks like there is just a DLL and a text file in the folder. Should I be able to play at this point? Can't wait to get started.

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    From the FAQ:

"NWN:EE pre-order owners are eligible to be selected for Head Start access to the developer build starting November 21, 2017."

You aren't guaranteed to play early, unfortunately.
  • critical_fumblecritical_fumble Member Posts: 8
    Ahh - got it. Thanks!
  • LibertygeekLibertygeek Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. It acts like it will install and then stops. Good to know I wonder how we will know when we will be able to access if we are selected. I assume via an email.
  • ValgavValgav Member Posts: 25
    So there's a chance to be added to head start in the future? Or is it closed list?
  • tjohn104tjohn104 Member Posts: 10
    Everytime I use the Beamdog launcher and try and DL it, my entire launcher crashes. Though it might have to do with not being on the head start list perhaps, though I'd prefer a message saying, "This game is not released." Maybe the crash is entirely unrelated, however.
  • MordaithMordaith Member Posts: 2
    tjohn104 said:

Everytime I use the Beamdog launcher and try and DL it, my entire launcher crashes. Though it might have to do with not being on the head start list perhaps, though I'd prefer a message saying, "This game is not released." Maybe the crash is entirely unrelated, however.

Seems like a small glitch. No doubt the team is working on it.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    edited November 2017
    In the Beamdog launcher, if you click the dropdown where it says "English" you will see options to preload the Deluxe version and a Headstart option. Assuming you don't have headstart access, your option will be to buy it, which takes you to a landing page without an option to buy anything.
    Post edited by MadHatter on
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    I'm also curious to see some kind of clarification on how the head start is going to be implemented. Aurora is pretty much a second job to me already, and I'm looking forward to a chance to help out with the testing on the EE version.
  • PekarionPekarion Member Posts: 6
    MadHatter said:

Assuming you don't have headstart access, your option will be to buy it, which takes you to a landing page without an option to buy anything.

So I don't have head start access :-(
    I thought I had just bought the wrong version

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It's early morning in Canada now. I'm sure they'll figure out the process quite soon.

The latest official reply is 12+ hours old:

• TyranthosTyranthos Member Posts: 4
    Seems to be working now.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    So can i get confirmation on this plx! I preordered the Deluxe Edition yesterday,so when i get home from work i can play?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    tjohn104 said:

Make sure you're not using the old client. You client shoud look like this - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/920018/#Comment_920018
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Can confirm that Head Start is working on my end as well.
    It may be downloading at a stately 1.2 MB/s, but I'll be making my return to Neverwinter soon enough! :smiley:
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Indeed, thanks for that additional point Necromyrez!
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Additionally, I purchased the Digital Deluxe edition, but "Digital Deluxe - Head Start" was not originally an option in the Beamdog client; just "English - Head Start".

Clicking on the Digital Deluxe Head Start link above provisioned it into my account, and now it is a visible option in the client.

So, keep that in mind if you think you don't have the right Head Start packages showing.