Skip to content

Update Compiler

Please update to this compiler or at least get into talk with virusman.
with the current compiler.
Link to Compiler
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1785&sid=32cf32f5791cd7fa739a72e9f7cf2be7
shadguyMadHatterCablefishJuliusBorisovBalanormeaglynGrymlordesquattingmonkEchoDMOmnipsi

Comments

• meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 146
    Which ever version of compiler is used, at least please fix the symbol limit.
    ShadowMdunahan
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    What if we had the ability to specify an external command line compiler and command line settings to go with it?

-Dave
    ShadowMdunahan
  • meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 146
    I've never been able to get the toolset (using wine) to use anything except the inbox compiler. Having that fixed would be best for me. If it worked in wine to specify an external compiler that could do it but it would be cleaner to just use one of the better compilers by default.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    This is up on trello board go vote all.
    shadguyBalanor
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    Linky for voting: https://trello.com/c/fLEYeLne/51-nwscript-compiler-of-nwntx-ability

You need to have a trello account to vote.

-Dave
    ShadowMthryllkilldunahan
    You can log in with your google account to and link it.
  • DhraaxDhraax Member Posts: 6
    This is a plugin for aurora?
    The Neverwinter Nights Toolset Extender is a set of files that modifies the Aurora toolset software. Created by virusman, NWNTX is designed to improve the performance of the toolset for builders.

One main feature of NWNTX is the integration of SkywingvL's Advanced Script Compiler (ASC) to replace the default NWScript compiler with one that is more robust and, in the case of errors it finds in scripts, more informative. Other changes make the toolset more responsive, taking less time to perform certain tasks.
    dunahan
  • PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2017
    I had no problems porting my charset fix for Toolset from Classic to Enhanced Edition. It's probably possible to port NWNTX to EE too, just need new offsets. But no one except virusman know those. Also at this point it would not make any sense since binary file change every weekly build and updating offsets every time is pain.
    Post edited by Phenomen on
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    NWNTX sources: https://github.com/NWNX/nwntx

Some improvements were already included in EE. The others are possible to port, but would need updates every time BD recompiles the toolset. It'd be better if the toolset supported hooking an external compiler instead.
    ShadowMdunahanOmnipsi
  • OmnipsiOmnipsi Member Posts: 31
    Whatever the best course of action is for BD, general modernization of the Toolset would be fantastic. NWNTX and the advanced compilers, nevermind Mavrixio's amazing modified nwserver or the fact I can run 1.69 NWNX on my Windows PC for testing and building easily, without having to setup or transfer the module to a Linux server/VM every time just to try to test with what's currently available on NWNX:EE and NWN:EE in general.

I'm hopeful and confident NWN:EE will get to a point of surpassing 1.69 in overall functionality offered, and either way the community will likely try to pick up whatever slack BD can't. But every bit of effort helps, especially when the functionality/code/utilities in question has already existed for years (if not more than a decade in many cases) and obviously still function on 1.69 (or we all wouldn't be feeling entitled about them in the first place, hahaha).