Skip to content

Dual Wield Questions

2»

Comments

• ptondaptonda Member Posts: 35

I'm beginning to see why people call the Archer kit a gattling gun...

In BG the archer is absolutely deadly. You simply can't miss a shot starting with 13/14 THAC0 and getting 0/-1 or even less by the end of the game.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738

I wonder which chart they'll use for BG2EE, though, they may stick with the current BG2 one

The BGEE one, no point in going back to the BG2 one.

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

I wonder which chart they'll use for BG2EE, though, they may stick with the current BG2 one

The BGEE one, no point in going back to the BG2 one.

Okay, thanks for clarifying, doesn't make any difference to multi-classes, though, does it?

@Tahthalas - BTW will elves still get +1 THAC0 for *all* swords (including scimitars. two-handed swords, katanas etc.), not just long and short swords in BGEE/BG2EE? Or will PnP rules be implemented?
    edited November 2012

@Oxford_Guy thanks! I didn't find it in the BG1 manual, which (in retrospect) should have prompted me to look in the BG2 manual.

This is from the BG1 manual that I found online:

edited November 2012

BTW will elves still get +1 THAC0 for *all* swords, not just long and short swords in BGEE?

At release? Probably not.
    @Tahthalas - Also, in BG1 magic long and shortbows and arrows/bolts add their +x rating to damage, but in BG2 they don't (though crossbows, slings and bullets do, strangely) - will this be standardised across both games for BGEE and BG2EE or left as is?
    @Oxford_Guy

I'd rather they be standardized, but I don't think they're thinking about those kind of details at the moment.
    Tanthalas said:

@Oxford_Guy

I'd rather they be standardized, but I don't think they're thinking about those kind of details at the moment.

@Tahthalas - okay, fair enough! Bows and arrows are kind of nerfed in BG2, so would be good if they were standardised (to BG1 stabndards) in BG2EE

Tanthalas said:

BTW will elves still get +1 THAC0 for *all* swords, not just long and short swords in BGEE?

At release? Probably.
    @Tahthalas - okay, thanks, just trying to plan my elf fighter/mage build...
    @Oxford_Guy

Actually, I meant: "At release? Probably not." I edited my previous post.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785

I'm beginning to see why people call the Archer kit a gattling gun...

Made me laugh, +like for you ;) !
    Tanthalas said:

@Oxford_Guy

Okay, thanks
    Tanthalas said:

@Oxford_Guy

So - just to confirm, did you mean that on release elves will probably only get the +1 THAC0 bonus for long and short swords (and bows), like PnP, but unlike existing BG1/BG2?

@Oxford_Guy

I mean that at release elves will probably have the same behaviour as in BG2, aka, THAC0 bonus with all swords.
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    Back to topic. As Defender of easthaven is a BG2 weapon what would be an ideal dual combo for my cleric / fighter in BG1?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Probably the Warhammer +2 from Bassilus and the Staff-Mace from Werewolves Island.
    So Staff mace in mainhand warhammer offhand right?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Seems good, though doesn't really make too much difference. The damage output for the Staff-Mace is a bit higher so it is probably the one you would want to connect the most.
    Okido, come wednesday then so i can try it out ;) Thx for the comments and tips folks!